My wifes first outing, not going to plan

PatC1977

After some time I persuaded my wife to go under canvas, this was not easy, her main fear was dirty un-kept shower and toilet blocks. I had managed to convince her this was not the case, and there were sites that did the owners, and managers proud. On arrival my wife’s concerns were firmly disposed of, what happened next was the issue. We had set up camp everything was great, until we decided to go for fish and chips, we went to the car to find the keys were indeed missing/ lost. At first we were not overly concerned, we searched all the usual places, pockets hand bag etc. by now we were starting to be a little more concerned. I went to the shop to see if they were there, no, the reception no, toilet block no. Foolishly the spares were safely tucked away at home. My wife bless her searched the rubbish bags, again and again nothing. By now she was a little angrier, even more so when I asked the warden, to be told the grass had been cut, and if I had dropped them they would be in the compost heap. There was only one thing for it, I had to go back to the tent and explain, it was looking like we would be sifting through fresh grass cuttings. We live 110 miles away, and getting the spares was logistically challenging. By this time my wife was hating the camping idea, even more so the thought of the grass cuttings. At this point I noticed my son playing happily with a toy on his chair, and his bottle holder was looking rather full. I put my hand in there were the keys. Totally my fault, I had used them to open some packaging I then dropped them for safe keeping, or not as the case maybe, due to me being an idiot and forgetting. I must add my wife now loves camping, and we have booked the Polmanter campsite for 2 weeks summer holiday, due to an article in camping magazine. (lol) (lol) (lol)

PJay - 2013-02-18 11:13 AM

The moral of this is Always carry both set of Keys, one set each. What good are they left at home?

i do alot of fishing and always carry 2 sets, my main objective was for my wife to enjoy camping. How i forgot the p[ares i'm not sure, i totally agree always carry 2 sets :-)

Archived