New to camping....help

Guest Nicky

Guest Nicky
Hi there As a total newbee, we are just getting equipment together for our first family camping trip. Apart from the obvious (ie. tent, sleeping bags etc.) what do you take which you would consider essential? thanks

Hi Nicky, I suppose it depends on how many are camping and the activities you wish to pursue whilst camping. There's a few checklists on the web that you can print out and tick off the things you require, here's one of them........ http://www.rocksport.co.za/hiking/checklist.htm Hope this helps Pete.

Guest Mike Ainsworth
Hi Pete, Thanks for the info you gave to Nicky. I have now copied the list ! Like Nicky, we are very new to camping, and I have just purchased, on eBay, a Royal Normandy 5 Berth tunnel tent, and hope that we can put it to good use during the coming months. We are looking forward to being in the great outdoors, and we may go to France for our first camp! Thanks Mike

Mike/Nicky, If you're both new to camping then join the UK's biggest camping forum (40,000 online members and it's free) where you'll get loads of tips, help and advice.... www.ukcampsite.co.uk Cheers Pete.

Guest Nicky
Hi Pete/Mike, Pete, thanks for the checklist, brilliant. That will certainly help us not to forget the main stuff. Also has a few things I wouldn't have thought of. We are off bank holiday w/end to try the tent out so fingers crossed. Camping near to friends house just in case of disaster! Nicky

Guest Mike Ainsworth
Pete, Many Thanks for the Camp UK address. When I get a bit of time :-)) I will have a look round. Nicky, that is 'cheating' being near your friends..:-))) Hope it works out for you. Have a great time.. Mike

Archived