Outwell Hartford XXL

Guest Steve

Guest Steve
Has anyone had any problems with this tent snapping poles. We bought the tent last year and have been out in it about 7 times. So far I have got through 18 pole sections. I went to our local camping shop and looked at a lot of other makes and the poles on those tents seem to be a lot stronger than the ones that come with this Outwell Model. If I get the slightest bit of wind it seems to snap a pole. I never had this with my previous Wynnster Tent. I love the tent, but we have not had a holiday yet where we have not had to dismantle poles to replace sections.

Steve, Contact Outwell directly. Customer services guy is Mark Jennings (mj@oase-outdoors.com), the customer service is usually very good. HTH Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve tapscott
i dont know if you are doing something wrong but we have the same tent and have had no problems with it. just been to poole camping first 2 days were really wet and windy tent was fantastic and would recomend it to anyone especialy with a large family

Guest Steve
I have had a hunt around and spoken to a few tent dealers. One was especially helpful and told me they have had quite a few phone calls about snapped poles. Apparantly the tent was not designed for anything but the lightest of winds. He suggested some other poles to me. We spent about £100 on the new poles ( which apparantly are the ones Sunncamp use for their tents ). We went to the Isle of Wight last weekend and tried it. We had no broken poles and the whole tent seems to be more sturdy than it was before. I must admit though that the wind was no where as bad as we have been in it before, but even first impressions were that it felt much better. I had a look at an already errected one down at PJCamping and to be honest, with the standard poles I did not feel confident even with their one.

• 6 months later...
hi steve, i had a problem with snapped poles,but we had gale force winds and we were lucky,but it held up.I'm going to get another as ex took it when he left.still haven't found another tent as big or as good.for a family of 4 its great, kids have own room,another is used for food clothes and stuff. and if you put the outside cover on back to front like i did ,you can use it as a cooking area when its raining,or at night put the loo in it.

Archived