Outwell Montana 4

Carrie-on-Regardless

We are thinking of purchasing the Outwell Montana 4 for two adults. I know that the 4 is a new 2006 model so is fairly new on the market. from what i have noticed about the 6 and 12 everyone seems pretty happy with the tent. Has anyone had any bad experiances with the tent, ie in windy/wet weather. it seems to come in a fairly big bag. How long does it take to put a 6 up? In essence, is Outwell Montana a good tent to spend my hard earned cash on (£249 in Blacks)

Hi Carrie We've got a 2006 Monty 6. Takes around 30-40 mins to put up in good conditions. We went for the 6 because it's got loads more living space than the 4, even though there's just two of us. The 6 is a fair bit wider and each of the two sleeping inners takes two single Coleman comfort airbeds (the 4 was a bit on the small side for two beds). We use the second inner for storage (very useful, too). The porch on the side of the 2006 tents is a bit of an oddity - we and quite a few other people use it as a sort of "en suite" loo compartment and keep the porta potti or whatever in there. We went out late March and early April and in high winds and heavy rain the tent was fine - we use Delta ground anchors for the main guys and there's no shifting them! Really like the SIG on the Montys, too. Have you looked at www.ukcampsite.co.uk ? There are quite a few threads about the Montys on there and most people are really happy with them. We love ours. Can't wait to go out again in May. Hope this helps. Cazanne

Archived