Outwell Montana - 6 or 12?

Guest Ange

I am on the verge of buying either an Outwell Montana 6 or 12. I have seen the 6 at a tent show but have not seen the 12 - does anyone have a picture of the interior of the 12? What impressed me about the 6 was the massive and airy amount of space and I'm worried that by having two more bedrooms the space won't feel as large - any comments? Thanks, Ange

Hi, I have the 6 myself. Seen the 12 at an tent show, along with the 6, before i bought it. The 12 is massive, but on the one I seen there were only 3 inners (one more than the 6), therefore not minimising the space inside - It had a big feel to it. Hope this helps. Dave

Agree with Dave but have a look at it on Outwells website where you can view it 360o in 3D....... http://www.outwell.dk/Tent.aspx?b=Outwell&bid=2&lid=1&l=en-GB&ID=17&pid=1 Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt H
Have just got back from a week away in a new montana 12.It was the first trip in this tent, and the size of the tent was great.Because all of the inner-tents(bedrooms)are removeable it gives you more options of what to do with the space.There was 5 of us so we had 3 bedrooms,removed the 4th room and made the space into a eating area.

as the other lady im thinking of getting the montana 12 if ther is anyone with pictures please could you email me some it would be a real help and greatly appreciated or does anyone know of a showroom with one on display im in portsmouth many thanks, marie

Hi Marie, Have a look at Outwells website, lots of pic s and info on this tent.... http://www.outwell.dk/Tents.aspx?b=Outwell&bid=2&lid=1&l=en-GB&pid=1 HTH Pete.

Interested to hear what people had to say. I'm thinking about the Montana 12 (although a lot of places seem to be sold out now). I want a tent that is spacious, but also usable for w/e camping. I've got a massive Khyam (the biggest they ever made I think, Excelsior XXXXL or something). This was great for our 2 week holiday in France this year, but 3 (yes, 3!) hours to put up is just not on for a couple of days camping! What was anyone's experience of pitching the Montana 12 (or 6)? Paul

Paul, I have the montana 6 and as it goes up 'as one' then it takes around 25 minutes to set up. Because it's so quick to erect we use for weekends and holidays. HTH Pete.

Archived