You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Tent Camping -> Tent Talk
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Format:  Go
Personnel Hygiene
AuthorMessage
userpkc
Posted: 4 September 2009 4:28 PM
Subject: RE: Personnel Hygiene

Treasured contributor

W3526602
Posted: 25 March 2009 4:47 PM

( following ) FAIL 6/10.
The folowing day we found a stream, stripped off and climbed in to bathe, had to chase the little fish away. I like to think the water in the stream was about the same temperature as a hot bath in UK....but we found it to be cool. Finding the stream was bit of a surprise,

as we were at Burami (sp?), about a hundred miles inland from Dubai.

All corrections wil be welcomed.
(will)
Just joking, Loved the last line, if you ask me there are to many pendents? hanging about on these forums, and yes Roon, they p**s me off too.

userRupertGS
Posted: 4 September 2009 8:51 PM

A posting machine

pkc - 2009-09-04 4:28 PM W3526602 Posted: 25 March 2009 4:47 PM Subject: RE: Personnel Hygiene ( following ) FAIL 6/10. The folowing day we found a stream, stripped off and climbed in to bathe, had to chase the little fish away. I like to think the water in the stream was about the same temperature as a hot bath in UK....but we found it to be cool. Finding the stream was bit of a surprise, as we were at Burami (sp?), about a hundred miles inland from Dubai. All corrections wil be welcomed. (will) Just joking, Loved the last line, if you ask me there are to many pendents? hanging about on these forums, and yes Roon, they p**s me off too.

One good thing about being a bit of a pedant is that you know the difference between something you hang around your neck (a pendant) and some one who thinks that good English is important (a pedant).

Personally, the ones on this site who p**s me off are the ones who appear to have left school at the age of eleven and are now allowed to drive 3 and a half ton motorhomes!

Oh, and then there's the idiot who started this thread and claims to be doing university research but doesn't know the difference between personal and personnel!

Edited by RupertGS 2009-09-04 8:54 PM
userpkc
Posted: 4 September 2009 10:33 PM

Treasured contributor

'pendents?', 'hanging about'. notice the thing called the question mark?
only a humourless pedant would have missed that.
userRupertGS
Posted: 4 September 2009 10:45 PM

A posting machine

pkc - 2009-09-04 10:33 PM 'pendents?', 'hanging about'. notice the thing called the question mark? only a humourless pedant would have missed that.

Oh I see, you actually meant to say 'pendant' but you couldn't actually spell it. Anyway, congratulations on the stab at humour. You'll be starting your sentences with a capital letter next.

userpkc
Posted: 5 September 2009 10:43 AM

Treasured contributor

Good morning Rupert123,

On Orthography.

Pendent, pendant
a.,n. dangling; suspended; jutting; overhanging.

pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt)
adj.
1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended.
2. Projecting; overhanging.
3. Awaiting settlement; pending.

pendent - definition of pendent by the Free Online Dictionary
pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt). adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended.

No I did mean to use the word pendent.
The correct spelling? Well it appears that you say Tomato, and I say Tomata.
Capitals? ‘ not sure but if I’m using a quote I don’t think I should alter the original’,
But I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks you for your appreciation of my stab at humour,
Congratulations on your stab at good manners.

userRupertGS
Posted: 5 September 2009 11:20 AM

A posting machine

pkc - 2009-09-05 10:43 AM Good morning Rupert123, On Orthography. Pendent, pendant a.,n. dangling; suspended; jutting; overhanging. pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt) adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended. 2. Projecting; overhanging. 3. Awaiting settlement; pending. pendent - definition of pendent by the Free Online Dictionary pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt). adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended. No I did mean to use the word pendent. The correct spelling? Well it appears that you say Tomato, and I say Tomata. Capitals? ‘ not sure but if I’m using a quote I don’t think I should alter the original’, But I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks you for your appreciation of my stab at humour, Congratulations on your stab at good manners.

Wrong on two counts I'm afraid.

First of all I'm not Rupert 123, he will be pleased!

Two - pendent is quite clearly an adjective, your own examples prove this but check the OED if you're not sure. You were quite clearly referring to a noun when you said that there are two many pendents on this site. I cannot find any example of pendent as a noun and I'm afraid that I don't really believe your claim that it was a pun on pendants and I'm convinced that the question mark signified that you were unsure of the spelling- good try though.

As for good manners, I would remind you that you started this by having a sly dig at those you consider to be pedants when you said: Just joking, Loved the last line, if you ask me there are to many pendents? hanging about on these forums, and yes Roon, they p**s me off too.

People who live in glass houses............?

Edited by RupertGS 2009-09-05 11:24 AM

Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator