Tent Advice

theduces

Hi I am new to this forum and will be new to camping! I want to buy a good tent for up to 6 people + 2 large setter dogs! I have been researching tents but really can not make up my mnd which to go for... any advice from season campers would be more than appreciated.

Hope someone can fnd time to reply, many thanks

Personally I love the "Outwell" range. I have the Hartford L and never had a problem.... Only advice I can really give you is to buy a tent with more berths then you actually need. A six berth tent will probably only fit 4 in comfortably... This will also give you added living space(in case of bad weather!). Try and visit a shop with the tents on display if you can. Then you can see what you're getting for your money.

Also make sure the HH is 3000+ for our English Weather. Basically the higher the HH the more waterproofed it is.. I hope this makes sense !!

:-S

Tania

Hi,

I dont know if you have looked at the Colemans we have a Coleman quad this sleeps six adults with room plus in each pod ! Which also leaves room for the dogs in the centre when you are all in your pods .

The room in the centre is really quite big and plenty big for you two setters . the bedrooms are rather large to and you dont feel hemmed in.

Hope this helps worth a look at,

• 5 weeks later...

I've hade a look at the coleman galilao wethermaster 6 berth which has loads of living space (plenty of room for dogs) and also the outwell montana 6 which is a very nice tent for a decent price but to sleep 6 would be a bit of a squeeze.

the only way to guage it would be to go and see them on display I personally wouldnt buy a tent unless ive seen it erected because after all one persons rolls royce is another mans lada.

Good luck on finding your new holiday home

michele - 2007-07-21 11:13 PM

Hi,

locheil,

where is it you intend on camping England or abroard ?

hi michele i should have said im new to the forum but not to camping i just want to buy a big tent even though only two of us will be using it,we like our space,if you look at the opinions of people on the camping and caravaning forums outwell seems to have a serious issue with leaks, backed up with poor customer relations,i could give them the benefit of doubt and say it was condensation caused by lack of ventilation due to the sig ground sheets but some people have actually identified where the water is coming in ,so as i have two vango tents at the moment and never had any bother with them, i will opt for the vail 500 all my camping is in scotland winter and summer,any weather but i have a 5 season tent for the colder months :-

Hi ya and welcome.

I cant really be of any assistance we still have the coleman quad not really for the kind of camping that you do I don't thibk it would survive the weather . I am a little partial to the tents that are made out of proper canvas because i believe that they hold the rain off better and they also breath better . We now own a Motor Home and we love it .

Obviously you cannot go to such exciting places as where you go. Well you can but we wouldn't make it down in that valley . I love the picture it looks beautiful.

There is a chatterbox forum up the top where you can chat about everything . Most of the people there started at some stage camping and then moved on. Good luck in your hunt for a new tent and happy travels. ;-)

Archived