camping in wales??

Guest jo

hiya we would like to go camping in wales..but not knowing wales at all, we don't know where to look? We don't have a lot of requirments, but the ones we have is a must. like we would have to be allowed bbq's :-) Hot showers and sandy beaches are a must... I hope to hear from someone asap...! We are going the week of the 11th of July... If anybody could please get back to me with any ideas, it would be fantastic... many thanks in advance.... jo

Hi Jo, Go to www.ukcampsite.co.uk and hit the 'campsite search' button. You'll find loads of campsites with honest reviews from fellow campers. HTH Pete.

Hi Jo. We go to Tenby in Pembrokeshire most years (since 1970). When we go camping there, we stop on Well Park Caravan and Camping site which is about 1.5 miles outside Tenby. The site is very clean and quiet. There is plenty of sites in and around this area of outstanding beauty. Tenby's beaches are fantastic and cleaned daily, well deserving of it's blue flag. For more info goto http://www.virtualtenby.co.uk/ We've also used Well Park as a base to explore other spactacular beaches in the surrounding area. http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/gallery_beaches.asp I hope this is of use. Happy camping. Ken

Hi we are a site located in wales, allowing bbqs, close to sandy beaches, have a look at our website: www.brynaweloncp.co.uk

Guest KEVIN TURTILL
We've just come back from Pembrokeshire and can give an unreserved recommendation for the Caerfai Farm campsite at St Davids - fantastic views of spectacular scenery, organic farm shop, helpful staff, great coastal walks from campsite (the whole of the west Pembrokeshire coastline would take some beating anyhere in the world, and I've seen a bit!), good local services and tourist info, loads to do whatever your thing - some of the best wildlife in Britian. Just before we left, we checked out another campsite about 1 mile out of St Davids on the road to Porthclais which also had good, clean facilities and a lovely setting but I don't know the name of this one. Wish we were going back in July!

Hi Jo, We had our first trip to Tenby last year, normally we go cornwall or dorset. But I must say that Tenby is a really great place, with a wide variety of things to do for everyone, and 2 large beaches with nice soft sand. We will be returning again this year to Trefalun Park near Tenby. Great site, and relly clean too. Check out the reviews for the site on ukcampsites.co.uk. Most camp sites will let you have B.B.Q's. Luke

Guest Mark & Marie Blunn
Great beaches, fresh air, estuary views, mountain backdrops all on the doorstep at Porthmadog. We've recently returned to camping and can recommend a pretty site at www.tyddynllwyn.com. Portmerion is nearby as is Bedgellert.

Guest Terry Davies
Might be a bit late now but look at the web site for Shell Island - between Harlech and Barmouth -FANTASTIC

Archived