looking for tent recommendations please

Guest Viv

Hi there, this is my first time posting here, I'm looking for some recommendations, I'm a single mum with 3 kids age 7, 6 and 2, I'd love to take them camping in the summer, we have been camping in the past before I split up with their dad and we all loved it, I have a tent and cooker etc but I'm not convinced I'd be able to pitch it on my own, so I'm looking for one that is easy enough to put up and big enough for fit 4 of us plus all the junk we will need! Oh yeah and it needs to be fairly cheap, my max budget would be about £150. Would also love to hear about child friendly campsites in scotland or northern england :o) Thanks very much, Viv.

• 1 month later...
Guest clive
Hi Viv have you got an army and navy store near you if so try them as they have a good range of brand name tents at a good price, and any thing else you may need, and are very helpful. Also why not try your local paper, loot or any of the freebees that come thru the door. Good hunting. Clive

Guest Colin
Hi Viv, if you can, i would try to stick with outwell or vango as a manufacturer as they seem to be about the best. I'm sure that other will disagree with me though. Try to stay away from the argos and asda type of tents as they are fine for godd weather, but have seen too many suffer in bad weather. As for a child friendley camp site, we stayed at this one last year http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/index.htm it is in the lake district near eskdale. It has an adventure playground for the kids where they all seem to have mingled. It is a good place for walks etc, but not that good for a livley time. However there is a pub about 20 mins walk down the road which gets quite busy, boes meals and somtimes has live entertainment on. This forum is a great place for tips and ideas as well as recommendations and reviews on canpsites http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ its well worth a look at. Colin

Archived