outwell montana 4

Guest Martin Casswell

Guest Martin Casswell
Like a few people, I'm considering buying one of these, but I've noted one or two concerns over leaks. Does anyone who ownes one have any comments or suggestions? I'm mainly attracted to the headroom and sewn in sheet, so if anyone has any recommended alternatives I'd be pleased to hear any suggestions! Thanks...

Hi Martin, Where did you hear of the leak issue? I've only heard of one on the www.ukcampsite.co.uk forum but not sure if it was a true leak or condensation. I've used my Montana 6 in atrocious wind & rain conditions and not had any issues....to date!. I know a lot of people on the www.ukcampsite.co.uk have used their Montana's (4 and 6) in bad weather without any leaks. It's possible the odd faulty tent could get through quality control checks (I remember a batch of Vango diablo 6000's had issues with ripping pegging points a couple of years ago) so don't be put off by the odd teething issue. Cheers Pete.

Guest Martin Casswell
Pete Thanks for your prompt posting. I heard of the leaks through a couple of similar forums to this, but, like you suggest I suspect they are odd isolated cases. Whilst I have your attention, and just to be cheeky, are the bedrooms completely seperate, or is there a zip so you could open them out? I'd like to put a double airbed in one bedroom, and it may be a little tight unless the wall between the rooms unzips! Thanks again! Martin

Martin, The Montana 6 has two separate bedrooms (each bedroom width 180cm x length 210cm) so easily enough space in each for a double airbed. I haven't seen a Montana 4 in the flesh but here's a quote from another owner... "There has been some debate as to whether this tent has two seperate two berth inners, as their brochure shows or one four berth inner with a divider, as some of the retailers are saying. I emailed Outwell and they say in this country it's going to have one four berth inner with a zip out divider." With the size of the bedroom without the divider at 290cm x 210cm then it should accommodate a double airbed. HTH Pete.

Archived