Back Brace for My Dad

GettingOut

Hi everyone,

I am planning on taking my father with me this spring for a trip around Europe and I know that he will want to do some exploring at a couple of our stops but I am worried about his back. He has had issues with it in the past couples years, even to the point of it bothering him when we go walking around town. Apparently his GP has recommenced using a back brace for longer walks but he has been to ignorant/stingy to get one for himself so I am taking it upon myself to get one for our trip. I have no desire to have to get him airlifted back home due to something bad happening so I would like to take as much precautions as possible. Can any of you give me some names of good brace companies I can look at, or point me towards somewhere that I could purchase a back brace for him from?

Thanks so much

GettingOut - 2017-11-20 4:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I am planning on taking my father with me this spring for a trip around Europe and I know that he will want to do some exploring at a couple of our stops but I am worried about his back. He has had issues with it in the past couples years, even to the point of it bothering him when we go walking around town. Apparently his GP has recommenced using a back brace for longer walks but he has been to ignorant/stingy to get one for himself so I am taking it upon myself to get one for our trip. I have no desire to have to get him airlifted back home due to something bad happening so I would like to take as much precautions as possible. Can any of you give me some names of good brace companies I can look at, or point me towards somewhere that I could purchase a back brace for him from?

Thanks so much

I was able to have a candid chat with my father's GP who suggested a couple back braces to me (I can't thank him enough as I know he can get in trouble for even discussing it with me!) that I could easily get online. I ordered a couple for my dad to try and after quite a bit of persuading and telling him that this was the only was I would take him with me he found one that he didn't entirely hate. Now we are getting really excited for our trip!

Archived