Is everyone in hibernation?

Lizzy

Hi Lizzy im still here the weather on the fells up here has been appalling for weeks now ,i would love to be out on the fells, but todays weather once again is just to bad we have already had gusts up to 60mph & thats in the valleys the road between keswick & windermere is only passable with care & you can't get along ullswater due to fallen trees even the M6 at shap has had snow so all in all i think another beer is called for. I do agree with you though where is everybody? *-)

My neighbours and their chocolate Lab were blown around your area during the week, almost literally! 8-)

I'm up there in May, my friend has treated herself to a log cabin overlooking Coniston ....... so lots of plans afoot ;-)

We had high winds during the week but it's breezy with blue skies today. Getting colder though, which will be more seasonal.

still dark up here car frozen up when i came out of work at 5.30 am but maybe that means a fine day at last ! . I think it will take weeks to dry out up here, last time i was out walking the route between high pike & carrock fell involved a lot of bog jumping for jb & me it seems like we've had ft of rain since then ! maybe a wetsuit might be better at the moment. Anyway depending on what time i get up! i think a stroll round buttermere this afternoon will blow the cobwebs out oh & a pint at the pub after!

• 4 weeks later...
It’s quiet, but it is great, just come back from a week in the Cairngorms, stayed at Grantown-on-Spey, great site, good facilities. Area is good for walking from easy to strenuous, Skiing and snow boarding on Cairngorm, if you haven’t tried it yet lessons are only £65 a day. Yes, there is snow and quit a bit of it and it looks as if more is forecast. It’s only 6 hours from Lancashire.

Archived