Snowden.

Dancer

Hi.

Coming out of hibernation. 8-)

Wish us luck with the weather for weekend, 02/03 Feb 07. Fully intend to tackle Snowden again, this time with 'virgin' friends. Use Pyg track up and Miners coming down.

Does any one know if the car park at the start of those two tracks has a height barrier now? It did'nt when we last went up. Our vehicle - motorhome - is 3 meters tall.

(lol) What a brilliant weekend.

A walk to the top of Snowdon in early February in shirtsleeves with some patches of snow on the ground. Who would believe it?

Parking, not only for a motorhome, but general, is difficult. The car park is readily accessible for all vehicles but gets very full very early, especially on a nice weekend.

Adequate roadside parking eastwards towards Capel Curig, turn right at the junction towards Beddgelert.

Finished off on sunday with a good seaside walk. 8 miles around Newburgh Warren on Anglesey.

Another shirtsleeves day also a bonus of a seal swimming aorund the end if the island.

Walk tall.

Many years ago hubby and I fled from Newborough Warren - no bird song, no other walkers, freaked us out! And he is not an easily freaked-out person :-D would never go back.

However Snowdon *is* beautiful ............ in the mid-70s hubby and I went up by train and walked down. It was a hot Tuesday and the backs of our legs were hot++ on our return. I got out of the train on my hands and knees because I hate heights whilst hubby strode to the edge: once acclimatised I was able to look round and it was wonderful.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With regard to there being snow on the top in july?

Check out the weather at http://www.mwis.org.uk

The Mountain Weather Information Service provides detailed weather forecasts for 8 areas of the United Kingdom.

Including Snowdonia it is published on the site at aboput 3pm each thursday.

If you are considering

going up the mountain. This local forecast is invaluable.

Archived