waterproof breathable over trousers

colinjb

my wife who is only 5ft tall is having problems finding a pair of over trousers that will fit without having to cut big chuncks of the bottoms. this brings its own problems ie zips anybody got any ideas where we could get some that would fit without resorting to butchery !

Hi Ya Col There is an outdoor shop on the A591 coming out of Kendal going towards Windermere,it is before the village of Ings and there is a petrol station attached,its on the right hand side of the road as your heading towards windermere.I got my berghaus over trousers from there in the seemingly constant sale that they have,its very cheap.I'm only 5ft3" and they fit me snug,the ladies ones may have a slightly smaller inside leg.Hope this helps.If not I would suggest Keswick as you probably no there are loads of outdoor shops there but they are a helluva lot cheaper than your Amblesides and Grassmere's etc

• 2 weeks later...
I have exactly the same problem as your wife. Finally got a good pair from Millets in Whitehaven on a weekend away. Size 10 i think but where in a short length, they are breathable with Zip on the bottom part, and I can get them on without removing my boots, the length is great and I'm, 5' tall. I think they are Peter Storm (but not 100% sure), cost £24.99 they also had lined trousers but unfortunately the size 8 doesn't seem to come in the short length, only size 10 upwards. Also have a look here http://www.gaynors.co.uk/shop/2/78/332/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived