Family campers

Administrator

Family campers  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got a pitch right next to a play area for the end of may. We always ask for that pitch when the grandkiddies come with us. It's a bit noisy at times but lovely to see the kiddies with a bit of independance. We can relax and they can play within shouting distance of us. Only thing with that pitch is you tend to get footballs kicked into the tent.

Guest Tracker

Site wardens should, where possible, pitch all campers where they would prefer to be pitched.

For us that would be well away from the all facilities that we never use thus leaving these areas free for those without on board toilet, wash room, hopt water and washing up facilities, and somewhere quiet where Rosie the dog will not offend anyone else just by being there!

I agree with some other comments that to be near the play area is a bigger priority. Being close to the toilets can be a nightmare due to constant visits being made in the night, as people generally forget that campers in tents can hear everything that they say and some people if they have small children in a tent may want a bit of peace.

We only have one child with us now the other one too old to be doing such things.

We go as far away as we can from all facilities especially those that encourage children, noise, footballs or anything else that can annoy others. I don't like aggravation when I am away and the amount of parents and non parents that fall out over what children are doing or playing with just spoils it for me so I prefer to avoid it.

We just had such an incident on a rally were the vice chairman of DA got a complaint and told the children they couldn't play with small kites on camping field and to go on next field so they do, steward comes out and says "Oiii you lot you can't play on there and throws them off" and its quite funny to hear adults say " ohhh children don't play out like they use to they just stay in all the time watching TV and playing on these electronic contraptions" is it any wonder really, they are becoming less and less welcome on a lot of sites not by site owners or wardens just by the majority of campers, and I feel like I am turning into one of them, (have to add I agree with many of the complaints as parents shut themselves away and turn into blind humans).

You can wake up now

Mandy :-D

I agree with Tracker... As a family camper, surely it should be up to me as to whether I'm pitched near the play area or not. I like to be near the play facilities, preferably with them visible, so my little girl can go play but still be monitored from our tent. The noise on some sites from the park can go on way passed our little ones bed time...

Likewise, I like the toilet/shower facilities to be close, but I don't want to be camped on top of them.

As with most things common sense should prevail...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived