Hello - Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a video showing how to erect a tent
userceltic_heart
Posted: 3 January 2009 2:43 PM
Subject: Hello - Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a video showing how to erect a tent

Just joined

Hello & Happy New Year

Im totally new to camping and my husband an I bought a royal bordeaux 6 in September and have tried putting it up once but after an hour of getting knowhere fast need some advice.

We wondered if there is a website or a youtube that shows a video of someone putting up a tunnel type tent so that we can get an idea of what to do.

We've fallen in love with the tent and really want to use it in the spring but fear that we're not going to be able to put it up. Does anyone know of a service where you can pay to be shown and taught to put up your tent.

Thanks in advance of your replies.
Leanne
userKeithl
Posted: 3 January 2009 6:56 PM
Subject: RE: Hello - Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a video showing how to erect a tent

Lord of the posts

Hi Leanne,

Happy new year and welcome to the forum,

If you can't find a video, etc, then try going back to the store where you bought the tent from and ask them for advice. Failing that find a store with the same or a similar tent and play dumb and ask them to show you how it's done before you buy one (just a little white lie!).

Keith.
userWanderer
Posted: 4 January 2009 8:37 AM
Subject: RE: Hello - Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a video showing how to erect a tent

Having a look around

Hi
Khyam web site has videos of how to put up their tents and there is a tunnel tent video there which may be a little help!!
userceltic_heart
Posted: 4 January 2009 10:56 AM

Just joined

Thanks so much for the help.
userCliveg
Posted: 7 January 2009 5:08 PM

Happy New Year to everyone
The Vango and Outwell websites also have videos of tunnel tents being erected. I downloaded the Outwell one onto my mp4 player and use it to show people how to put up a tent.

userceltic_heart
Posted: 8 January 2009 7:01 PM

Just joined

Thanks so much thats a fab idea!

Leanne
userAZZA&KEV
Posted: 23 March 2009 7:36 PM

Just joined

Hi
just a thought, have you looked on 'you tube'?, we didnt find the dvd very helpful for our Outwell tent and when we checked you tube the guys from 'yeomans' had posted a film of them putting up lots of different tents, it was really helpful and much more realistic than the DVD that came with our tent

hope this is of some help
Allie
userjhorsf
Posted: 10 February 2010 5:13 AM

celtic_heart - 2009-01-03 2:43 PM

Hello & Happy New Year

Im totally new to camping and my husband an I bought a royal bordeaux 6 in September and have tried putting it up once but after an hour of getting knowhere fast need some advice.

We wondered if there is a website or a youtube that shows a video of someone putting up a tunnel type tent so that we can get an idea of what to do.

We've fallen in love with the tent and really want to use it in the spring but fear that we're not going to be able to put it up. Does anyone know of a service where you can pay to be shown and taught to put up your tent.

Thanks in advance of your replies.
Leanne

try here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyvAIFzK_xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYTU496eBIs

Edited by jhorsf 2010-02-10 5:21 AM