tonyishuk

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

tonyishuk's Achievements

Veteran

Veteran (13/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In
  • First Post

Recent Badges

1. Is it a power problem or data , or both Have you tried different cables ? Depends to some extent on the type of USB cable as some are ; Data and supply, Supply only, usually found on rechargeable items, like torches, Very occasionally data only, Also some cables wear very quickly, and wires break under the insulation. Just some thoughts, Rgds
  2. If I were in your position might consider changing the pump assembly and making the discharge separate from the original. Possibly utilising the tank filler cap with pump discharge fixed to it. IE unscrew the cap and the pump lifts out attached to the cap CAKtanks distribute a wide range of fittings for tanks, maybe a browse through their downloadable catalog might help with ideas http://www.caktanks.co.uk/files/cak_catalogue_2012/2012_CAK_Water.pdf rgds
  3. Filling tyres is as much about pressure as it is volume required. I have 240 v. 9 litre tank compressed which pumps to 116 psi starts at 60 psi to fill the tank. If the tyres are down more than a couple of psi down, it takes several runs of the compressor to come up to a pressure to fill the tyres. rgds
  4. I used Cleanyourcar site for my bits n pieces https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk Helpful guys with advice, polishes waxes etc depend upon your bodywork. Ours is grp with a gel coat similar to a boat hull. If looking on the internet, a random orbital polisher is the way to go. Plenty of advice about car detailing, which is similar to what you may need, but not to the depth these guys go. Rgds
  5. In my reply I should of added: A separate shower is useful for “throwing” in wet stuff after a wet day. Wet walking gear, silver screens ( if you use them), boots etc. Not something you want to share is dripping clothes whilst contemplating on the loo. AND your reading matter gets soggy. Rgds
  6. My thoughts are: Saving space Vs. Water every where it misses the shower curtain (if you have one). If you have a shower curtain, it is surprisingly clingy when it decides to wrap itself around you ( and uncomfortably cold) Wet damp contents in cupboards, possibility’s of mould in awkward places to dry. Emergency evacuation of shower when soaped up to allow access for fellow traveler to the loo. Maybe I am just biased ? Rgds
  7. Considering the number of motor homes that are 3.8 ton using identical bodies as 3.5 tons and vice versa. I am surprised the legislation is not for 3.5 tons and above, rather than above 3.5 tons. rgds
  8. Another Next user on two vehicles for a number of years. It seems to me that some of the added extras seem a bit ottop and when new are a fun fiddle factor, only to be forgotten quickly. At the end of the day what is wanted is reliability, decent picture, ( at night as well) and maybe the speed displayed on the screen at the rear of the camera as a quick guide rather than looking down at the speedometer, rgds
  9. Simple calculator maths ? Dual carriage ways have different Center line lengths so route in one direction seen shorter than the other. It takes AI to find new farm tracks that can shorten your journey;-)) rgds
  10. I would be more worried about having to fight with having to remove the toilet cassette if it’s accessible on the social side. Drive away awnings always seem to have guys, poles or summat similar in conflicting locations such as locker doors, windows. rgds
  11. Just a thought, is the leak running from a fitting along the pipe and dripping to the floor ? Always difficult to access these bits and pieces together a view or wet finger test! My rationale is that all pipe runs would be one piece from fitting to fitting to avoid situations like this. I.e. heater to tap as one run , or to an accessible tee piece for another connection to shower or second sink. Of course, this does not apply, if the pipe has been damaged by rodent teeth, or split due to freezing. Rgds.
  12. Gently vacuum. Due to the lack of working space, I resorted to a computer vacuum attachments. Unfortunately added a few extra crinkles to them. rgds Mini Vacuum Attachments, hoover Kit, for Car, Computer, Printer, cleaning tool https://amzn.eu/d/i6i0bpk
  13. Maybe beg, borrow a dehumidifier and use that to dry the Motorhome. In good old days, dropping a glass bottle of milk on a tiled floor and bottle breaks, shows you how far fluids can run and spread out. My guess is that maybe up to a quarter of the water remaining after mopping up the spill.
  14. As you have seen the gauge has red, yellow and green markings. After using the gas for a while, the yellow band starts to show, and then is the time to regularly check to monitor how much gas you are using and how quickly it is falling. Check to see you have the next full cylinder. On my system, we use has for mainly heating, so pressure tends to fall slowly using electricity and optional gas. Our use is about one propane 6.5 kg cylinder a year ! Finally, the gas test cited in the previous post is a useful check on leaks. The test on our gas system stays green for a couple of days or more, before starting to show yellow. rgds
  15. I use a length of rope with a loops at the ends. I wind the rope around the top of the peg and “hooks” and give it a good tug, usually moves them, if not, a bar or broom handle to get a bit of leverage. NOT an awning pole, they are expensive to replace. rgds