flicka

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

flicka's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In
  • First Post

Recent Badges

1. Carrying Important Contact Details It’s an unavoidable necessity that you have to carry Passport, Insurance, Vehicle documents when travelling abroad. Originally posted in Motorhome Matters, but I thought it would be better in this long standing “sticky” Cattwg posted :- This may be an old tip but I thought it worth repeating for newer forum members or those going to Europe for the first time. Before travelling abroad I always make two lists containing the passport and other important telephone, insurance policy and credit card numbers, one for my wallet and the other for my wife’s purse. There is also an emergency UK contact number. If the worst happens and your motorhome is stolen it’s a stark fact but all you’ve got is what you are standing up in! So with these lists at least you have all the contact numbers needed. We always carry the mobile phone as well – based on similar thinking. And of course we always hide all documents within the ’van with photocopies hidden in a different place. Unless we are in a campsite we always carry our passports. In some countries of course you would need to carry them as ID. I posted our solution (expended from the thread) Scan the documents & save to a USB stick or SD Card. (or 2 – one in the Motorhome & one on your person) Either can easily hidden in a secure place in the Motorhome or on your person. If the Motorhome is broken into or Handbag/Wallet stolen resulting in one being lost ,you still have a full set available. If using a SD Card, get one that will fit your Camera & the documents can be read on its screen, using the digital zoom. Pepe63 added :- insurance certificate,V5, etc., in the van..but with the stick/card idea you could have full copies of loads of stuff(..driving license, inc' paper section, passport, any medical insurance documents etc) add -travel insurance They could even contain photos the actual vehicle or any other valuables that you may have in the van, making reporting a theft easier.
  2. Tom Tom POI's for height restrictions available free:- http://www.tomtomfree.com/articles/TTLBMAN/home1.htm currently it is supported by: GO 520 /720, GO 910/710/510, GO 700/500, ONE 3rd Edition, ONE 2nd Edition, ONE 1st Edition, ONE XL