Enthusiast

Enthusiast (6/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In

Recent Badges

1. So very sorry Barry - the web site I referred to is in fact: www.campingcar-infos.com - there is no s at the end of campingcar. Strangely enough the 's' on the end gives a completely different web site which I haven't seen before and which I shall explore when time permits. Thanks for your mail - bit pushed just now but I will get back to you asap. Regards, Roy.
  2. The full address is : campingcars-infos.com Incidentally how do you make it 'live' on this page? I mean so that people can just click on it to open. Roy.
  3. I have found this guide to be very useful although I am still struggling a bit to bottom it (Way2Go) I have sent you a PM. In the meantime I have successfully downloaded the 'French aires' etc from campingcars-infos.com and I thought it might be useful to give the method. I am using TomTom Go700. First of all create a new folder on your PC and call it TomTom POI's. Having sourced the web site - CCinfos - click on 'cliquez pour entrer' and then on the left side column you will see 'synchronisation coordonnees GPS'. Click on it and scroll the resulting page to find 'Fichier Zip' in green print. Click on TomTom 'Fichiers pour TT (.ov2)' and when file download prompts, click 'save' and save it to your readily available folder. Go to the folder and locate the 'zipped' file = 'Aires-CCinfos-TomTom'. Open this file. Under 'folder tasks' on left side, click on 'extract files'. This produces 'extraction wizard' with file option to save to (TT POI's as above). Click 'next' and then 'finish'. Return to your TT POI's folder where you will now find a 'new folder' containing the 'unzipped' files which you require for transfer to TT. Open this folder, reduce it and move to one side of your screen (A). Connect TT to your PC. Now go to 'my computer' - locate TT icon and click on the icon. On the resulting page, open the folder 'Western Europe Map' (or whatever). Reduce the size. You now have two reduced pages on your screen. Go back to the donor page (A) and click on 'edit' then 'select all'. Nearly there - drag the selection onto the map page and the job is done. After disonnecting TT from the PC, leave it for a few minutes to enable the download to 'sort itself' before switching off. I have laid this out as an idiots guide, which is what I needed to be successful. My initial problems lay in 1. not unzipping the orginal files, and 2. not dragging to the proper place. I hope this will be of help to those who are not sure how it can be done. Roy.
  4. Brilliant information - many thanks for your hardwork. Roy