Mentor (12/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. no worries, thanks for the reply.
  2. it would indeed, Derek, but I'm not very welcome on that forum and don't want to move this discussion into their territory.... one user has put a couple of computer fans in the heater box and claims that this measure, along with never using mixed mode (it makes the heater 'too hot') has cured the fuse blowing , which happened twice I think.... my own view is that heat doesn't blow fuses, excess current does...which is why I am more suspicious of other outside electrical 'influence'.... I can see that the overheat trip might be activated, but I've not heard about blown 230v (10 amp slow burn, I think) fuses sorry to be a bit vague, and I realise this doesn't help the diagnosis.... I was more interested if others had come across this issue before, specifically any known link to mixed mode use and blown fuses. thanks.
  3. I've been browsing another forum and there is a suggestion that excess heat, with a Combi in an enclosed space, might be blowing the 240v fuse, rendering the unit inoperative on electric....but gas ok. furthermore, the operation in mixed mode is seen as being the culprit for this specific issue. while I could see that the unit might trip the overheat protection, if tightly enclosed, I can't see it being responsible for blowing fuses? my own unit (Combi 6e) is in a tight location, under the fridge/freezer, and I have used it on all modes over the past (near) two years without issue.... I have a German van, the vans being discussed are AutoSleepers that 'interact' with Sargent electrics... I'm told other brands have has this issue, but googling has on.y highlighted overheating or, perhaps, PSU failure... any views?