Barryd999

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Barryd999 last won the day on February 17

Barryd999 had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Barryd999's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. This excellent video shows why so many young people are not taking up motorcycling.
  2. I suspect most motorhomers that use scooters will have passed their test before all this CBT stuff and the plethora of hoops you now have to jump through to ride anything that would pull the skin off a rice pudding myself included. We have carried a scooter on the back of our Konitki for 15 years now, would not be without it. We are on our third now. A Honda Vision 110. I have a Suzuki Vstrom 650 also but the little Vision is a gem on motorhome trips. Sadly I reckon the complex and expensive tests will kill motorcycling in this country. Its completely put youngster off I think. Go to any bike meet and they are predominantly old farts.
  3. Very interesting indeed Brian. Will take a look myself when I have some time. Like several days by the sound off it. Keep us informed.
  4. I was sceptical about this as I thought no countries had a right to more than 90 days in Schengen but heres a good read from a New Zealander thats got the T shirt. https://brenontheroad.com/new-zealand-bilateral-visa-waivers-schengen/#:~:text=They can stay in the,entry into the Schengen area. He seriously did his homework and pulled it off it seems. Whether the new ETIAS system will change all that I dont know. Kind of irrelevant to us though as most of us are UK citizens. Unless Brian has managed to unearth some ancient long forgotten UK Bi lateral agreements.
  5. Six month French visa it is then if you want to stay longer.
  6. Stopped on a site down on the Med about ten years ago that had done this. Not far from Perpignan I think. They had only just started doing it so there was only us and one other Brit Member from FACTS who discovered it. Fantastic pitches right next to the sea. No facilities open but a service point and EHU. I think it was a tenner a night or something. Its a great idea. Maybe some sites here with hard standing should do it.
  7. Await with bated breath! I know some motorhomers have been successful with a six month French visa but its a right faff on.
  8. Im not convinced about so called German Engineering on their cars. Certainly not the later VWs. My diesel Golf from the last century was superb. I owned it for yonks and it was the last of the 1.9TD's I think which were indestructible. However everything else started to let it down. Electrics, Windows that were possessed and would go up and down at will. Dash lights packed up and nobody could fix them. stuff like that. I was going to replace it with a more modern one but was warned off as the later ones apparently are rubbish or so I was told by several mechanics. Mind you they say that about most brands.
  9. Wow thats disgusting! I hope its not a member on here! Ive been out all afternoon fixing the economy and how amazing to come back and see such a happy thread still going! I can post a photo of my thetford if its allowed.
  10. Yes it is but it wont be spewing chip fat, just dirty water which is fine apparently. Good for the grass. Its not Flamborough that although I have been there, its Cornwall. The EHU lead is on the other side. Its 200 metres long to reach the post in the hedge in the distance. Its a new club site, not Pontins, only us there. Thanks for the reply. Regards.
  11. Yes I have. A big white one called a Kontiki. I was hoping to take it to Brazil but Im not sure what happened to the thread about that. Here is a picture of my motorhome taken recently. I hope pictures of motorhomes are allowed. If not, I can delete it if someone lets me know.
  12. This seems to have escaped your notice, the 90 day rule applies to the entire world outside of EU, UK is just a small country and those wanting to travel more than 90 days are just a miniscule part of EU economy. Spain will no doubt come up with a scheme to allow longer term stays for UK citizens if they think it worth it, for the wider Schengen area there will be no appetite for loosening of rules. Spain for sure will want to hang on to tourist money but thats made from the thousands of holiday makers who come for two weeks and spend lots of cash not from motorhomers wild camping for months on end on some scruffy car park bringing their own food and booze and spending next to nothing where they are not always welcome anyway. Nothing will change for 99% of the tourists who visit there from the UK. I doubt a few motorhomers from the UK will be on anyones radar in the negotiations. They could be on the Spanish Plods radar though as overstayers. Nice little earner, couple of thousand Euro fine and kick them out.
  13. Everything will require clarification. However, I believe that the time spent driving to, in this case, Spain will not count towards the 90 days spent in the EU (Schengen included) However, some form of "immigration" procedure will need to be available to show that you are now entering your visa resident country, and indeed when you leave, be it to return to the UK, or to use some or all of your 90 days in the rest of the EU before returning. Personally, I think it will be very difficult if not impossible to police, and if a self policed system, allowing the traveller to record their own entry and exit dates would be allowed, then that would be wide open to abuse. Really confusing, it is!! 8-) Except its not confusing. The Schengen system has been in use for 25 years its just we never needed to worry about it as we had free movement as EU citizens. These rules have applied for other third countries since it came into force in the 90s. The new Schengen database systems came online last year I believe and its very easy to police. Whether you arrive by plane, boat or on foot your registered as entering the zone as soon as you arrive and of course de-registered when you leave. Travelling time to get to Spain will not be added on as a "bit extra". I dare say if you hung around in Spain all winter nobody would know unless you were unlucky enough to maybe have an accident or get pulled over by plod but the way you would get caught out is when you present yourself at a Schengen border when you come to leave. If your over your 90 days then they will know straight away. People have been getting heavy fines for this for many years and you can be refused entry in the future. There is a campaign to retain EU citizenship for those that want it (Presumably just those who voted remain I would hope) but it has no chance. This is what the majority of people want though isnt it? To end freedom of movement. Perhaps they thought it wouldnt apply to "Their" Free movement. You don't seem to have read the posts, this was not about a person traveling around spain in a motorhome, it was about someone with legal authority to be in spain longer than 90 days (i.e. a visa for property) but having no way of 'switching off' Schengen time when crossing from france to spain or visa versa. They wont have legal authority to stay in Spain though post transition without some kind of residency permit or citizenship I believe or possibly a Padron if they have property. Without some kind of residency the Schengen rules will apply.
  14. Everything will require clarification. However, I believe that the time spent driving to, in this case, Spain will not count towards the 90 days spent in the EU (Schengen included) However, some form of "immigration" procedure will need to be available to show that you are now entering your visa resident country, and indeed when you leave, be it to return to the UK, or to use some or all of your 90 days in the rest of the EU before returning. Personally, I think it will be very difficult if not impossible to police, and if a self policed system, allowing the traveller to record their own entry and exit dates would be allowed, then that would be wide open to abuse. Really confusing, it is!! 8-) Except its not confusing. The Schengen system has been in use for 25 years its just we never needed to worry about it as we had free movement as EU citizens. These rules have applied for other third countries since it came into force in the 90s. The new Schengen database systems came online last year I believe and its very easy to police. Whether you arrive by plane, boat or on foot your registered as entering the zone as soon as you arrive and of course de-registered when you leave. Travelling time to get to Spain will not be added on as a "bit extra". I dare say if you hung around in Spain all winter nobody would know unless you were unlucky enough to maybe have an accident or get pulled over by plod but the way you would get caught out is when you present yourself at a Schengen border when you come to leave. If your over your 90 days then they will know straight away. People have been getting heavy fines for this for many years and you can be refused entry in the future. There is a campaign to retain EU citizenship for those that want it (Presumably just those who voted remain I would hope) but it has no chance. This is what the majority of people want though isnt it? To end freedom of movement. Perhaps they thought it wouldnt apply to "Their" Free movement.
  15. Some say the EU may offer continued Citizenship to UK citizens. I know its been ongoing as a campaign since 2016. Its a long shot but its just possible they may do it unilaterally but I just bet if they do Johnson will deliberately decline it or put a spanner in the works. One things for sure motorhomers wanting to overwinter in Spain will not be on anyones radar.