Colin17

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Colin17's Achievements

Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Update: 3 weeks on including a few days away and we have had no further problems, fridge worked perfectly while we were away. Drying out seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the advice.
  2. Update: I did the hairdryer and 3 days on it has not restarted itself. Switches on and off. Looks good so far.
  3. The fridge control is on a permanent feed, which is why I pulled the fuse.
  4. Dometic RMS 8551 fridge 2013 vintage in a Knaus Van Ti, working on all 3 power sources, it is manual selection. For a long time there has been an issue with switching the fridge off. Pressing the button switches off but within a few seconds it restarts. The other day I noticed the fridge alarm going off although it had not been used for about 3 weeks. Somehow it had switched itself on, and I was unable to switch it off as above it kept restarting. I took the switch panel out and fiddled with the switch. Although there was nothing obviously wrong on reassembly it was possible to switch off. All OK for a few days then the same thing happened again except I could not get to switch off. I disabled by pulling the fuse and left for a couple of days. I have just tried it again and have switched it off OK. I can't find this problem mentioned here. Looking for suggestions on what to try. Should I be expecting to replace the panel?