malc d

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

malc d last won the day on November 12 2023

malc d had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

malc d's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. The new logo looks a bit ' drab ' compared to the old one - I've not seen the new mag design yet. I read somewhere that the goal of the changes is " inspiring more travel for motorhome and campervan owners " so ( if that is so ) I would be more concerned about actual ' campers ' ( i.e. tenters ) interests in the new mag. I doubt if much will change - many organisations like to update / modernise / from time to time for no apparent reason but there is rarely a noticeable difference. ( Removing the colour from the logo will save a bit of money on printing inks I guess ). 🙂
  2. I have a couple of others in addition to the above checks: Check windows and lockers are all shut. Check nothing UNDER the van ( boots drying off etc ). Check nothing left hanging on the bike rack ! Check fridge is in travel mode. Only once, in the early days, did the fridge door fly open on a bend and spread the contents on the floor ! 🙂
  3. I can answer your question : A few years ago an item was delivered to my house by a man in a car. Ten minutes later I noticed that he was still sitting outside in his car so I asked him if he had a problem. His problem was that his sat-nav had packed up and he had absolutely no idea where he was, or where he had to go next. We consulted one of my user friendly technology free maps to let him know the former, and a phone call to his office sorted out his next destination. Often wondered if he ever got there. 🙂
  4. Benjamin Franklin was quoted as saying, in the 18 th century ( i.e. before motorways ) ; "in this world nothing can be certain except death and taxes " - Unlikely to be different any time in the future. 🙂
  5. The answer is, to make the car park owners responsible for covering anyones losses. Apparently some car parks have already abandoned this scheme.
  6. Hi Keith I turn the wheel, and occasionally lubricate the reel to make that easier with a squirt of WD40. Looking back many years I recall we did used to wind it on by hand - and it did get kinked / knotted ! 🙂
  7. We used to have problems BEFORE we had a reel - but not since. I just lay it in reasonably straight lines on the grass first, and then wind it on to the reel - never had a problem. 🙂
  8. I'm not sure that I agree that our perceived future of total reliance on a reliable power supply, and batteries, can be decribed as " progress ". It's been reported that some councils now require motorists to own a smartphone if they want to use their car parks. That could make parking too expensive for many people - or just too complicated. At the same time we are urged to embrace all this reliance on a power supply, we are also being warned of the impending disasters from climate change. More floods, more power cuts ( and, politically it seems - more international disputes ? ). What could possibly go wrong ? 🙂
  9. Another vote for the Picos de Europa. If you lika a good walk try the Cares Gorge. Have a good trip.
  10. Hi John If anyone has to cycle round an area first to find a suitable parking place for a motorhome, I would suggest that they DO have a problem parking. 🙂
  11. Nasty position to be in. Just a thought : What would it cost to get it fixed in France - and drive it home ? ( Presumably, if he can do the work himself , that would be an unnecessary expense. ) I wish him luck !
  12. That's bad luck. I think you need to give a bit more info for anyone to help. Whereabouts is water dripping - front - rear - around a rooflight - etc ? 🙁
  13. I would never think of going on a trip without a spare wheel - any more than I would go abroad without health insurance. How many trips, or years, that you've been lucky, doesn't seem to be relevant to me. 🙂
  14. I believe you now need a UK sticker ( not sure that GB is still accepted ?)
  15. I assume that if it is a chatbot - there aren't any people at the other end ? 🙂