flyboyprowler

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

flyboyprowler last won the day on February 21 2023

flyboyprowler had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

flyboyprowler's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. I changed to Conti's a couple of months ago and their tech department was really helpful. If this helps you, there is the chart they sent me and I now run at 4 bar rear and 5 bar front and the ride is fine. Hmm, can't seem to be able to attach the form so if you would like it, send me a message with an email address and I will forward it to you. Ainsley
  2. I still use Den's stickers firstly with the velcro which worked, but now modified with double suction stickers which also do the job but are easier to release. Many thanks again Den. https://www.green-zones.eu/en/products/france/angles-morts Interesting that this mentions that vehicles entering France must show the stickers, but if a trailer is being towed as well on the motorhome, does that trailer also have to have stickers, (and how many) or does that only apply to trucks? Ainsley
  3. Just for interest to anyone in the future, we have now arranged insurance through Aviva for £499, comprehensive, with protected no claims. The same quote from keithmichaels.co.uk was £725 so Aviva win the day! Thanks to all for the input.
  4. We have a UK address and the car is kept at that address. It is our "second" home, and we visit maybe 5 months a year. I had one quote for £750 which seems to be very expensive since the cancelled policy was under £200 for a year when we were still in the UK.
  5. Do we have any members of this forum who are expat in Europe but still keep a car insured in the UK. I am having a problem getting insurance for our RAV 4 now we live in Spain. Sorry, not motorhome related, but help needed!!
  6. Yes, much the same with my replacement window. All that was needed was the acrylic pane itself and indeed Dometic supply such a beast. However, Dometic said that with the reference number, it had to be ordered from Niesmann, and they would only supply a complete window, frame and all! So, anyone need a new frame, going cheap?
  7. That bought back memories. I was a flying instructor before flying the big stuff and as Jeremy rightly said, this was the check done before teaching spinning and stalling to students. One of my students wanted to practice his spin recovery with me but when I put the aircraft into a spin and shouted "recover" he froze with his arms locked on the control column and I had to whack him to get him to release. Needless to say, end of that session!
  8. Job now done in leather, €12 for a piece of black leather and enough to do two more coverings in the future if required!!
  9. Aha Jeremy, I was a pilot for 33 years until I retired, so checklists are a must! Sadly, I can't remember them now!
  10. Our very first outing in our first motorhome was to a site near Alicante to try everything out and after extending the awning, having a nice "tapas" supper, I took the awning in and went to bed. That night a flash storm blew up, and in the morning the devastation was obvious with broken awnings, ripped safari rooms but boy, was I glad I took the awning in, and indeed learned a valuable lesson for the future! Today here in Spain it is blowing a hooooley and we are warned of 80km gusts, but it is sunny and warmish. The weather seems to have changed over the years with many more odd occurrences, and plenty of "flash" happenings. Incidentally, we lost the bathroom window in the Flair en route last year. It hadn't been secured properly and a passing lorry's vacuum sucked it out and ripped it off. Still waiting for the insurance to pay, but at over €600 and having to be supplied from Niesmann, another expensive lesson. I also have a checklist with "doors and windows closed" but on this occasion, the window was missed!
  11. It is worth noting that it appears the system knows how many spaces are in the park. However on one occasion last year we arrived at a CCP site which "had " (according to the website) three spaces available but thanks to bad parking there were none. It was gravel so no marked spots, and annoying not to get an expected slot after a long days drive!
  12. I just renewed my C1 in Spain, and frankly it was a joke. The medical side was virtually non existent and very easy to pass, and for 60€ cash a bargain! I think if we ever return to the UK, we will sell the beast and downsize to under 3.5 tonnes!!
  13. Thanks Colin. After a bit more searching I found some possibilities here in Spain on Amazon. There are offcuts of leather that should fit the bill as not too thick.
  14. Does anyone know where I can buy quality black leatherette, or ideally thin real leather to repair the covering on our banister rail in the van. A relatively small length required with a width about 50cms by 10cm.
  15. I echo your thoughts and add my festive greetings to all on the forum from the sun in Spain, have a Very Happy Christmas. Ainsley