• Last visited

grmps's Achievements

Newbie (1/14)

• First Post
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In

Recent Badges

1. Thanks, folks. I guess I just have to consider the syphon action as a "feature". I have noted the options to bypass the problem. I will investigate the cowl thing further. Currently I don't understand if it safe to travel with the gas heating on, so I have not done so - and as a consequence spilled all my fresh water over the road at Glencoe. Better than blood, I suppose ;-) Thanks...Keith
  2. As a new motorhomer we find ourselves in a Lunar Champ with a Truma 14 litre, gas only water/air heater. In cold weather the electric cutoff dumps the water contents of the heater, as expected, but on several occasions the entire fresh water tank has been dumped too, presumably through the heater. I haven't got to the bottom of this but it either does so regardless of electrical power, or may require power to the heater to pump the fresh water overboard. Is this normal? If not, any idea where the fault might lie? We have experienced this while travelling, with the heater off (as we don't have the cowl extension). It's a bit disconcerting to arrive somewhere and discover no water on board. On site, with a hookup, we use a stand-alone electric heater instead of the gas heater, which heats the accommodation space, but may not adequately heat the Truma unit to prevent it dumping... Any clues, gratefully accepted. Newbies_who_live_in frigid_Scotland_and_wish_to_winter_camp...Keith