Rookie

Rookie (2/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Only 19 days till we start our big European adventure. Busy packing up the house for a 12 month let. Yippee. Bring it on. We were also very concerned about Internet connection, both cost and availability. I considered a wifi booster, but we will not be on sites as we plan to free camp or use aires as much as we can. We had to replace James' work Sim at Christmas when he retired. Trawled through the network providers and were DELIGHTED To discover THREE and their free to use the contract data / calls package in 16 countries. I also asked about internet abroad and an ex student of mine (they do have their uses) recommended a mifi. We did not need a mifi hub then, so I looked on eBay for an unlocked and cheaper one, but to be honest they seemed old and still pretty expensive. So in February we signed up for the mifi. Tested it in Hollyhead and Dublin - it worked brilliantly. It can connect 10 devices. The only negative is that we had to reconnect with a password each time. Cost £15pm, but this includes a second phone sim, as my Vodafone contract expires in June and this worked out cheaper in the long run. We are off to Scandinavia at the end of April, so will properly test it then. K