Rookie

Rookie (2/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In

Recent Badges

1. Thanks for the advice, StuartO! Yeah, I think satellite will be too expensive and I'll just buy them a smartphone. It's going to be adventurous to teach them how to use the thing...;-) Three sounds good, since they're mostly planning to travel through France and Spain. But I'll have a look around and see if I can find a servive that does allow tethering. Will let you know if I find something. I don't know too much about this, so sorry for the potentially stupid question, but is it possible to build website offline and upload them later on?
  2. I copied this message from another thread, because I think it fits in better here. Great info so far? Did anybody get internet through satellite? My parents want to get internet in their motorhome, since they are retired now and planning to go for some longer trips. And of course I'm the one who has to solve the problem... Does anyone know a good provider? Or is sat internet totally old-fashioned and would it be better to just buy them a smartphone and an internet flatrate? Slightly different question: Did anybody build and update a website while travelling? I've seen Jo's post, but i would be interested in a slightly more updated answer. How fast was the internet connection you needed, and which provider did you use for hosting? So far, I've been searching here Thanks!