ColinM50

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

ColinM50 last won the day on September 17 2023

ColinM50 had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

ColinM50's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Camperking in Banbury could be worth a call? 01295 500025
  2. Thanks all that was what I was after, Suoer U was the one I sort of remembered. So will look at them as and when we've got some dates. And Globebuster, we ended up not going to France last year but if you'd be kind enough to remind me of the details I'd be grateful Can you pm details here?
  3. An 11-year-old boy was found behind the wheel when police pulled over a BMW X5 towing a suspected stolen caravan on the M1. North Yorkshire Police arrested the boy on suspicion of theft, burglary and motoring offences including dangerous driving. Officers received a call at about 15:30 GMT on Thursday that a caravan had been stolen from a holiday site near Thirsk. They tracked a BMW they said was using cloned plates heading south on the A1. The force said that 45 minutes after the caravan was reported stolen "we stopped the vehicle on the M1 after it left the A1 at Hook Moor Interchange near Garforth". The boy has been released on conditional bail with further inquiries being carried out. Police said a selection of vehicle registration plates was found when they searched the vehicle. The force confirmed no-one had been injured.
  4. Planning to take our Chausson to France this year and would like to hire a small car for when we're there, ideally a rent-a-wreck. Anything that's cheap as chips. I have a recollection that one of the supermarkets do really cheap rentals but can's remember which. Anybody know who it might be? Or have any suggestions? We'll probably head to Loire or maybe Cote D'Azur if that makes a difference..TIA
  5. Out of interest, why do you want them removable?
  6. Be very careful that anything you do doesn't invalidate your warranty with Chausson. I bought one of their 2022 m/h's last year and Chausson now say the warranty is void because before I bought it it didn't have am '23 Habitation check. It did by the dealer I bought it from in Sept but didn't have one before that and before I owned it. Chausson/Trigano appear to work very hard to deny any warranty issue and I can se that in your case if you change the wheels to ones they didn't specify, they COULD claim you've made a change to their spec and hence, like me, void your warranty
  7. John 52, it must be some time since you crossed the Thames, the Dartford toll booths disappeared in 2014, so ten years ago.
  8. Both of the clubs run adverts in their classified ad sections offering this type of storage. Worth a look if you're in either club?
  9. Derek says he hs no intention of driving in a ULEZ zone, the current ones are: There are Low Emission Zones in: London Brighton Birmingham Bristol Bath Bradford Portsmouth Newcastle Norwich Nottingham Oxford Aberdeen Dundee Edinburgh Glasgow Several other major cities such as Manchester and Sheffield are in discussions about introducing them in the near future. That's a fair chunk of the UK closed off to you and likely to get worse. My pov is if you can afford a ULEZ compliant m/h, that would be my first option
  10. Ditto to these sentiments though we have no-one in Paris at the moment. Will be in Wells for New Year so anyone else in that neck of the woods????????? Happy new Year🙃😝
  11. Bought a 2022 Chausson in Sept and have a broken hab door handle. As the saying goes, "it just came off in my hand". Contacted a Chausson dealer (I didn't buy from an approved Chausson dealer) who tells me the new handle is £158 + VAT and 2 hours labour @ £75 hr to undo 2 screws and fit it. I asked the dealer if it's a warranty item and they tell me warranty's not transferable. Any suggestions?
  12. The NFOP policy seems OK, however we're both diabetic (70 &73) so additional premiums apply and in Oct 23 took out an annual policy with Virgin Money at £145 for us both.
  13. Thanks for the info chaps, all very useful. I tried to buy a wheel and tyre from the wheelshop but they're nil stock for a couple of weeks but I'll defo get one from them and pay a little extra for a matching Michelin and some original spec nuts. Next time I'm out in it I'll get it weighed to keep Brian happy🤣 . Next task is searching for an underslung wheel carrier.😵
  14. I posted a couple of months ago before we bought this M/H about needing a spare wheel. It's a Chausson 788 based on a Transit chassis and I've tried Ford dealers to find out what size wheel and tyre I need but they won't tell me. Because it's fitted with an alloy I can't seem to fid out which Transit steel wheel to fit, Ford only recognise the alloy and what say which one to get. The wheels are 16 inch and tyres are 235x65x16 and a genuine Ford replacement wheel is £280 then cost of tyre on top is £175. All for something I hope I'll never use.😃 Now if I go on Ebay, there's loads of ads for secondhand transit 16 inch wheels and tyres for £80 ish. Complete. But I need to know which offset I need. I guess if I jack the M/H up, take off an existing wheel, the size and spec will be on the inside rim? Or does anyone know a better way? TIA