MrsJ

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

MrsJ's Achievements

Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. Yes crocs I see that this would be the only way to check against the on line record would be to be by a manual check. Exactly the same as the pre-app days when someone manually checked the tickets displayed on the screen, but of course this is progress. I’m sticking with the Luddites. I am quite willing to pay for car parking but it will have to be where they take cash or cards and I will vote with my feet or in this case wheels. Lesley.
  2. I have not got a mobile phone. I do not want a mobile phone. I arrived at a car park in Cornwall having started out early in the morning, driven 300+ miles looking forward to the start of our holiday. Pulled on to the same car park as we used last year and all the pay machines are covered up and notices displayed saying we must use some sort of app to pay, with no option given to pay through a machine. What to do? There may be other car parks around but where? I want to park here. On carefully reading the wording I see it says “ you may be prosecuted” but cannot see any cameras around so decide to stay and risk it and hope the words “may be” holds the key. So taking the above into account, how do they know who has paid and who has not if there are no remote payment receipts to be displayed and no cameras. And anyway this is discrimination against people without phones so if they do not want me then I will not return and spend my money in their town again. And also while I’m having a moan all the car parks along the sea front at Start Bay along from Torcross to Street Gate have notices up saying “No Motorhomes” or a height barrier, so if you have a Motorhome and want to paddle in the sea there get the bus.
  3. This is an update on our VW ABS problem. It appears that the garage where the fault was diagnosed had checked the brakes and wheels as part of the service. After several days of debate and worry we decided that we would have to bite the bullet and get the existing unit reconditioned ASAP or else miss the Summer holidays that we had booked. Steve rang ECU Testing Ltd who said send it to them and they would look at it, tell us if they could recondition it and how much. The garage took it off for us and we sent it to ECU Testing who rang us back and confirmed that they could do it. We had it back in a week and it has been refitted and everything is working fine. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.
  4. What you both are saying makes sense. Steve did ask them to check the brakes because he thought that they were not so good and he was thinking possibly that as they were carrying around a new bell tent awning with a wood burner and so carrying around more weight. We shall have to look into this a bit further as you say and find out about this fault code and check the fuse. Also have chat with the garage about it and get a second opinion. Regarding my phone calls about getting the existing unit reconditioned one call told me that this unit could not be repaired and now another has told me that they could (£240 plus plus return postage.). I shall see Steve tonight and we will sort out the fault code first. I will let you know how we get on. Lesley.
  5. Hello both, I have done a search on the web specific to U.K and also e bay. On EBay there are lots of used without any warranty from £50 to £1500 but not many people offering reconditioning. A bit nervous about Ebay but depends on how desperate we get. I don’t do facebook but Steve’s partner might, I will find out. Steve said he had not noticed any lights on the dash to indicate the problem, first he knew of it was when he picked up the van from the service. He does not do many miles in it and had not used it since September and this was a service for the start of the Season. I will have a search on the VW forums as suggested. Lesley.
  6. We are in need of help and perhaps someone who reads the form may be able to advise us. My son has a 2008 VW SWB T 5 camper. He took it into our local garage for a service and when he picked it up they told him that he need a new ABS Module and gave him the number 7H0614117A. They said they had tried around and that they were given horrendous prices up to nearly £2,000. This is our local garage which we have used for many years and we trust what they tell us. Well for Steve there is no chance of this so I have looked around to see if we could get the original reconditioned. This would be good as then we would not have to get it coded. My first call was a a place in Cullumpton, Devon and I was told that it is an unrepairable unit and they have not got any in stock. I have sent an email to another one with no reply and tried another with a phone call and gave up in the queue. We really don’t want to give up on the old girl ( the van - not me) so has anyone got any leads we could follow. Thanks, Lesley.