Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Well, I have finally fitted a replacement mirror that works... The first one from ebay only let me see the side of my van (as someone above suggested, it could have been for a LHD vehicle, although the description said RHD). That was returned for a refund. The second mirror was again from ebay - a different seller and more expensive than the first but it was the exact same product with the same problem. Returned for a refund. The third mirror came from Eurocarparts (Nacht branded). It fitted the van and almost let me see behind the van until I tried to use the electric adjuster. Agh it doesn;t work... The temperature sensor worked but not the mirror adjust. That was sent back for a replacement. The fourth mirror was a direct replacement for the eurocarparts one from above - this time instead of removing my old mirror etc I just connected the electrics and yet again the temperature sensor worked but the electrics were dead. That was sent back for a refund. The fifth mirror came from Coastalmotorhomes - there were two options: a geniuine fiat product or a slightly cheaper unbranded one. Usually I would opt for the unbranded product but by this time I was totally fed up so spent a little extra on the Fiat unit. I fitted it yesterday and..... it works! Thanks to Derek Uzzell for providing the link to coastalmotorhomes. Who would have thought a replacement mirror would be so difficult!
  2. do you mean when they lock in place as you fold them in/out? If so then no - these particular mirrors only had the one position for driving in - they could be manually pushed out further but there is no 'lock' so will just fold back when driving (the same as my existing broken mirror)
  3. Despite the two mirrors coming from different sellers on ebay, and being different prices they are exactly the same product with the same serial number stamped on them.. The ebay listing claims they are for RHD vehicles but are clearly not..
  4. Yes 2013 model. I guess that makes sense about LHD.
  5. Hi - my drivers side wing mirror folds back against the van at anything above 40mph (Fiat Ducato, long arm mirror).. Having looked into this, it looks like quite a few people have had this problem so I took the arm apart and part of the mechanism has corroded + broken and can't be fixed. Duct taping it into position is my temporary solution.. I have bought a replacement on ebay and when extended + adjusted all the way 'out' I can only see the road in about a third of the mirror - the side of my van is mostly in view, which is less than ideal. I sent that mirror back and ordered another one from a different vendor - same problem. The only way to see the road properly will be to duct tape it into a different position - exactly what I am having to do with my old mirror, so a bit of a pointless exercise so far.. I am going to send the second replacement back - has anyone successfully replaced a ducato wing mirror (long arm) without paying £££ for an official Fiat one / has anyone else experienced this with a replacement - not being able to see the road and if so where did you source a replacement from? Thanks