Explorer

Explorer (4/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. I have a swift kontiki 2007 it has rot problem,before buying check the underneath of the vehicle the ply. It has side skirts water has passed through between the outside wall and them and where the aluminium of the wall stops the ply on the underside sits slightly below and as the water runs down the wall it enters the ply laminations and cant dry because there is a plastic film supposed to protect it,give it a good poke if it fels spongey give it a miss.I have had it repaired and a flashing was inserted between the aluminium skin and the foam interior of the wall it runs under the floor about 125mm on the new ply. It would not have happened if they had used treated ply but you know about the shoddiness that goes into products today, I checked out a swift about 5 years ago the fit of the cabinetry was awful tapered gaps on doors things not quite square or level it was so obvious I have no idear how the sales people could have missed it.
  2. No crud no stones has done this for years it's an omni step, why a switch driving a relay is required or even a timer rather than a push button is beyond me.I might try and trace the wiring if it is a timer cut it out rewire to a more sensible circuit and drive over the timer then chuck it away.I have been on many forums before but no one has an unequivocal answer.I bet the installers and repairers are watching rubbing hands waiting for me to turn up so they can overcharge me .
  3. H i have an older swift kontiki 645 the step advances but only a small amount at a time but it does come out fully the retract is good I have seen something about it being on a timer if so anyone know where it might be ? Thanks for any help.