PeteH

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

PeteH's Achievements

Community Regular

Community Regular (8/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Hi Derek, No LED`s are showing in either case. I have a Request in to Truma currently, to see if their tech people can shed any further light. I do still get a white LED showing when on Electric only. Being a Rapido, (999M) the Heater is buried under paneling, behind the pull out storage, all of which has to be removed to see anything at all. Pete
  2. One Fiat "Airbag" fault comes up IF the small plug under the sea(s) has come loose or been disconected. I know this as I had both seats out of a Rapido, a few years back. and they had to be reset. My suspicion is that the connection is probably to tell the ECU if the seat is occupied or not?. Pete
  3. Too Old for error codes, Just 2 dials. I think there is a way? which uses "blinking" LED`s. But access anyway requires removing pieces of Kitchen cabinets. At this time I am looking to narrow down the field, so to speak. I suspect it is likely to have to go into the workshops, and that is not a cheap prospect. Pete
  4. LPG. Vessels. Small LPG fixed tanks are not part of the Pressure Vessel Regulations. And as such do not require examination under any H&SE requirement. Unlike the much larger commercial and domestic fixed tanks, which are provided with the means of access for this purpose. This was the position in 1998 when I retired as a surveyor and pressure vessel examiner, and as far as I know is still the case. Portable Vessels are like-wise not covered. Generally the likes of Calor etc; will check and do periodically test them but the scale of exchanges makes it far more likely that whilst they may change the odd valve unit and a physical external check and Re-paint, that is about the size of it, if it looks at all dodgy it gets scrapped. Refillable gas cylinder retailers or manufacturers recommend a 10 year life. But this is largely arse covering on their part. For which you cannot blame them. What I can say with some confidence having inspected all 3 of those on my R-V`s over time, is that the only thing(s) that needs checking are the fastenings, and the external parts for corrosion. I also check any welding for defects, but that is ingrained habit. And to ensure the 80% fill devices actually work. I did take the opportunity when one of mine had to have the contents gauge replaced to examine the inside, using an endoscope, at better than 12years old, I could have eaten dinner off the surface. To my knowledge, there are 80`s American R-V`s, with tanks that have never been opened up nor otherwise tested. Pete
  5. Weird One?. Truma 6E. Fires on gas and runs heating OK. On water It fires runs for over 1 minute and then shuts down, even though the water is still cold at that juncture. The fact it runs OK on heating would suggest issue may be related to the Water Temperature Thermostat? Anyone come across this specifically before?. The Electric side works perfectly, I have piping hot water. But not on gas alone Nor on Gas/Elect either. Pete