cid

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

cid's Achievements

Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• Collaborator
  • First Post
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Hi all, Has anyone ever seen a F1 car with a 100ltr water tank strapped to it? Of course, it would have an effect on performance. In these days of eco awareness, with attacks on diesel powered vehicles coming from every corner, it is not only sensible to travel empty, or with a small amount of water, but less selfish. Just because we can afford a motorhome doesn't mean we can take the P**s. We tend not to bring that home with us. All the Best, Ian.
  2. Hi Nigel P, If you were away on holiday on a site, I presume, your hook up would be permanently on. Therefore, it should be safe to leave it on at home unless the charger is faulty. All the Best, Ian.
  3. Hi All, I use a Bosch cordless every time I use the awning. As for how do you reach? Take one knackered silicon sealant gun with a hook end. Remove said hook end which will also be made from hexagonal bar, ideal for chuck on cordless, and Bobs your uncle. You can now reach and have hours of fun wizzing your totally useless awning in and out to the envy of all your neighbours on the campsite. All the Best, Ian
  4. Hi all, I have owned my motorhome for 16 years. It was 10 years old when I bought it. It came with a Fiamma f50 awning already fitted. On trying to use it I found the fabric never tightened up and flapped around in the slightest breeze. I didn't use it much as I couldn't see the point. However, I lost the right hand end cap (it disintegrated through age) and it was while looking for a replacement that I discovered that the awning should have come with an optional rafter that you had to fit between the van and the front rail and then wind back the fabric to apply tension. The rafter cost around £50 so,I presume, not many sold. I looked for a suitable alternative and found an adjustable washing line pole at B&M. How it works. Extend awning, hook top hook of pole to little clip on inside of van rail. Slide bottom of adjustable pole to centre of outer rail of awning and tighten adjuster. Wind in fabric till tight. Mark position on washing pole with a felt tip pen for future use as you will want to collapse the pole for transport. Total cost £3.50. Bargain! All the Best, Ian.
  5. HI, before dismantling van, give the wheel a good blast with a hosepipe to dislodge any build-up of brake dust caused by recent dry spell. All the Best, Ian.
  6. Hi all, I,m looking to replace blind fabric in m/h. 1 of them is 1.5m wide. Existing fabric has reflective outer and beige inner. If anyone knows of a reasonably priced replacement fabric I would be very grateful for the advice. (not bothered about the internal colour provided it's beige or grey) All the Best, Ian.