Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Extremely impressed how quickly I received the windscreen sticker after only 5 days of filling in the online form. Cost €4.76 incl post. easy to fill out form and although I’m not planning on entering many larger towns, I have it just incase. den
  2. We travel to Spain frequently and this time I purchased the Crit’air certificate for €4.76 just to be on the safe side should we stray into an area requiring one. might be worth googling Germany etc for the similar requirements, it took me probably 5 mins to fill out the simple form. enjoy your trip den ps 17 days and counting for our next trip 😎
  3. Contact Fiat Uk and ask them if they will assist with payment, it doesn’t hurt to ask and they certainly know it’s a common problem. Our MH was out of warranty and they supplied the new unit and we happily paid for the fitting at our local Fiat professional. den
  4. We’ve been using a tag for many years and when on our LeVoyageur 850 I thought they may charge more, but they didn’t and then stupidly we upgraded to the LeVoyageur 950 big and bulky but we still used the tag with no problem and we used motorways lots of times from Calais to Spain. We’re now in a PVC still with the tag but with more time we won’t be dependent on the tag so much it works brilliantly on the motorway with cars and MH’s overtaking us for us to overtake them in the toll 😊 den
  5. Going to a MH sales company could be helpful. There are only so many different keys made and you could be lucky to try a spare that will fit your filler cap or they may have some keys to try in stock.
  6. Our van is based on a fiat with the 9 speed auto on a 140hp engine, but we have 5 x 16 seaters based on the Ford 1 Iveco and a merc the transits have all covered over 250,000 miles and generally speaking have been very good. Biggest fault being the Adblu but we put this down to using cheap adblu we now only use from the pump. economy wise average is 28 and when I drive I can average 32 on a easy day and that’s with 12 to 16 passengers normally. All of them are manual. I did have a Ford transit custom with the 170hp engine auto that one would normally return 30ish to the gallon. drive and ride is far superior to the Fiat the iveco has been a nightmare costing a fortune to keep one the road its a 29 seater. the big older merc is amazing with its 30 seats definitely a plodder and extremely good on diesel considering its size. goven the choice I would have a Ford based pvc / small MH if one was available ( we like the Malibu pvc only available on fiat at the moment) den
  7. Thanks Keith. I’ve mentioned it several times to my wife and she always said can’t do that. but I read out your reply and now we’re going to purchase one hopefully this week. ours is sort of U shaped with a chunk missing where the step is. we have an infill but it’s then more difficult to climb into bed. den
  8. Hi Keith we're in need of a mattress topper but our Malibu PVC has a large cut out. I said to my wife we could cut out as you have done. Did you encounter any problems with cutting to shape the topper and the foam not deteriorating where you cut. also what make did you choose and did it make a big difference in comfort den
  9. Hi I stuck our stickers on some acrylic sheet and used good quality Velcro to attach to our MH. when we downsized I posted them to flyboyprowler for him to make use of. they worked perfectly and covered 3000 miles in 1 trip. den
  10. Regardless of food they would have looked elsewhere ie wires inside upholstery and their wee stinks to high heaven. me personally and I know you’ve waited ages for your new toy, I’d seriously consider your options.
  11. Den

Anyone there

I thought it strange. No posts. I’ve certainly noticed a lack of varied posts on the forum lately, but it was deadly quiet 🤫 I miss the technical chat, but no the type of chat that takes over a post specially the SS cup. 🤞🏻when the spring arrives more people will want / give information.
  12. Everything seems dead. Has the forum taken another hit.
  13. We have our own workshop with fully trained mechanics and all fault readers licenced by Ford, merc and Iveco but not Fiat. only I have a Fiat and not worth the updates costs I’m told by the mechanic. Although I tend to renew MH’s every couple of years or less and tend not to have mechanical faults. but I might st say for us it has worked using shell mainly 1p per ltr less the Tesco on our fuel card and only using Adblu purchased from pumps that we have had less problems.
  14. Engines regen when they hit a particular revs we found this to be in 5 th gear and not in 6th doing 62 mph, it tends to force the regen. we purchased online 45 gallons and this was a big mistake. It did look and smell like Adblu but it caused so many dash lights showing Adblu problems which then put the buses in limp mode. we now only use fuel station Adblu from the pump and 🤞🏻problems are now rare. but we also only use Shell & Texaco fuel and with 100,000 ‘s of miles our vehicles cover per year we rarely have problems. den
  15. Better not to store Adblu all our buses / coaches, cars MH use adblu and from experience we do not store Adblu. we only fill up at a filling station at the pump they have a high turnover and your pretty well guaranteed it’s fresh stuff. we used to buy 45 gallon drums and the troubles we had were unbelievable. make sure you give your MH a decent blow out run. either drop down to 5 th gear and run it for a few miles or if your happy drive it at 70 mph in a safe place to do so. although all our buses are in constant use being governed to 62 mph does cause problems. We often run the at 62 in 5th gear for several miles. Vehicles we use are Ford, Mercedes, Iveco bmw and Fiat. And now have very few Adblu or regen problems. we would never use knowingly out of date additives. den