Tony323

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Tony323's Achievements

Explorer

Explorer (4/14)

• One Year In
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. Always some ,thing, probably simple answer, as now finally got into my fresh water tank inlet, open and filled water tank full of water and to sterilise, for 24hrs, now, release the drain valve no water coming out, it has a small domed type metal cover inside, the drain tap but doesen@t move when turning the drain cog. so i can only presume its now faulty, or bunged with gunk behind it, so will have to get it replaced replaced, Therfore my question, to drain the water tank by taps, can the water pump run continuously to drain off a 50 ltr, from the under slung tank of water. ???? cheers.
  2. Hi all, never rains but it pours, lost the keys for my Fresh Water Filler Inlet Cap, so have Ordered replacement. As the under vehicle water tank has been winterized (no Water) to remove the complete cap, from the outside, it has 3 screws through the outer housing into the vehicle. My question, is it just a case of removing the 3 screws and it will lift off, or does the barrel lock have to be drilled out, any tips would be appreciated, or even get in it with out any keys, as my DIY is Zilch !, cheers.
  3. Hi all, so many products on the Market, looking for a good quality Water Sterilization for, fresh Water tank and Pipework for Campervan. Thank you all.
  4. Hi, now having down sized from Motorhome with bed, to a Campervan, 2 long side seats, I am going to buy a sleeping bag (not mummy) with a zip opening with a zip at the bottom of the bag for feet, anybody recommendations???, to sleep on the side seating, would people recommend buying a mattress pad for more comfort??? any recommendations??? thanks for reading.
  5. Thankyou all for your input and yes now thanks to you all found and done drain down, as you all said. appreciated. in panic i did order the Antifreeze non poisiness for drinking water pipes, which arrives tommorow. so 50-50 whether to put it in then flush out in spring, Marine company say it quite safe and boats use, what are all your thoughts, is this the modern way ??? as i have not heard till now, or is it the British way of just poo pooing it ?? i dont know. Brand is Blue Gee (Talamex, i think its (American)
  6. Thank you for replying to my Post, since looking at floe, i have realised there is more work to be done, so will not go this way for now. So still panicking, as weather is imminent freezing conditions, i have opened all taps and run the pump, which has emptied about 6 pints of water out the system and showing empty on the Lunar computer also the grey water tank, but the system is still bubbleing, with water in the pipes, I also cannot find any drain plugs , only the fresh water tank plug, (the handbook is useless) would you recommend getting Non Poison antifreeze for caravan fresh water systems ???? i contacted a caravan dealer and he has never heard of that type of antifreeze, I am so use to a motorhome with all equipment ontop within the cab and lounge, water tanks/pumps/boilers etc, but did not realise all in underneath the Lunar Vehicle, live and learn. If anybody has a Lunar Landstar motorhome RL, please would you get in touch, as i so need help in a learning curb, if you have the time, simple questions like, the boiler, does it have a dump valve ??, will putting the heating on(gas) affect the boiler if it does not have any water in it ?? etc, i understood my other Motorhome system by all you help and input, but now i start again, keeps my grey matter working and to not getting even older Lol, (which i am) thanks guy's for reading any any help you can give but please keep it simple, appreciated.
  7. Hi all, I need some help please as cold weather imminent. I exchanged Motorhome yesterday for a Luna Landstar RLS, delivered to my home, then driver went. The vehicle has not been drained down and water in the system, although i handed mine over winterized. can anybody give me the simple instructions, how to, i use a Flo air pressure system, usually I cannot find the water tank, am just lost at the mo, handbook, is useless. Thankyou for reading and help you may give me, i would be very grateful.
  8. Thanks for both replies and taking the time to explain, so now just to confirm i am quiet safe now to put the control switch to "D" which is space save and this will not affect my Boiler with no water in it, ? I really do wish some times instruction books would put everything in simple term language, as i do feel if you do get it wrong and by not understanding it could cost you some serious money .
  9. I understand, its naming different situations regulated , then Heating with drained water system but both sections are saying 1. Set the rotary switch to operating position (d). 2. Turn the rotary button (a) to the desired thermostat setting (1-5). Would there be some thing like a computer chip inside ?? that would indicate in the system that there is no water in the boiler, when i put the heating on, ?? thanks
  10. Hi all, and thanks for helping on my last question, May i also ask, as i have now completed drain down. If i want to put my heating on with the Truma Combi heating system, i have checked my hand book and am a bit confused as i do not wish to use wrong Rotary controls and damage the boiler as there is no water in it. It maybe me but the 2 sections, in the Handbook, seem to contradict each other. It states. 1. Heating without regulated water temperature. Set the rotary switch to operation (d). 2. Turn rotary button (a) to desired temp. The green operation lights up , The yellow LED (g)- warming up phase for the water) only lights up at water temp below 5c. The next section Heating with drained water system are duplicated as above but just omits saying warming up phase for water. Any help mostt appreciate. Thanks.
  11. Hi all, been quiet a few years since been on this forum, can i ask, to drain down the water system, i have always used a FLOE system and pressure it through with 15psi tyre pressure electric pump from my water tank to push the water out and then just put some Anti Freeze coolant in the sink U bends etc but now looking as time and years, has passed me by so quickly, i read that they do Anti Freeze to put into the drinking water system, what do the majority do on your winterization vehicle in the UK, ??