cjrm1

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

cjrm1's Achievements

Explorer

Explorer (4/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • One Year In
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. We signed up for the flytpass and autoferry pass. Received cards and vehicle chip quickly. For the autoferry, I assume it is still the case, you are required to pay a deposit in the region of £300, which gets drawn down against your ferry crossings. When your trip is over you claim the outstanding balance by cancelling the contract. Funds received back in my bank account within two weeks. All in all was very efficient.
  2. It was Sweden rather then Norway, sorry should have mentioned that, Lindemans Chardonnay, also in the PET bottle rather then glass so helped with the weight as well!
  3. We went in September/October last year. Crossed the bridge from Denmark, travelled up Sweden past Vattern Lake, Stockholm (wish we hadn't gone to the Abba Museum), then up the coast to Umea, cut across to Norway via Porjus, toured Lofoten Islands, came down through the fjords (got hit by too much rain so probably need to go again). Stavanger was a great experience. Atlantic Road was worth it for the drive. Loved the absence of traffic, very friendly people. True food was more expensive than UK, wine I found in the monopoly shops to be cheaper than the UK for the same wines unless you buy on a 25% for 6 in a supermarket in the UK. If we were to go again I would hurry more quickly through Sweden or avoid it completely. But definitely go and hope the weather is kinder to you so you can really enjoy the fjords