Proficient

Proficient (10/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. Yes this is true as I can confirm from my visit to Platts at S-o-T this morning! After some detective work by one of the technicians it was found that a section of trim adjacent to the running lights was removable giving access to the tap hole. The section was moulded to be be in keeping with its surroundings and had no visible fixings - It could not be seen from under the front end because of a cowling and required quite a clever pull and slide movement to release it. I suggest Frankia owners of this vintage might like to check it out on their outfits - it's not obvious! V
  2. Many thanks for the suggestions and observations and in particular Derek's precise description of my situation - with relevant picture as well!! As suggested I think I'll need to consult Frankia on this one but in the mean time I have to make a visit to my Fiat dealer tomorrow and I'll ask them if they can locate an appropriate female orifice for my towing member! So watch this space - and thanks again V
  3. A few years ago I had cause to have our Frankia/Mercedes recovered after a "motorway incident". Fortunately I had had the Towing Eye that came with the jack and tool kit fitted to the chassis and as a consequence the job of loading the "van onto the recovery vehicle was a relatively straightforward matter. I was pleased to see that our new Fiat based Frankia also came with a Towing Eye but now find there is no provision for its fitting to the chassis - nor is there any obvious alternative means of attaching the winding gear. Has anyone had a similar experience and found that the recovery guys have ways of dealing with this problem?