thebishbus

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

thebishbus's Achievements

Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Jeremy . Have a look at "cycling UK" see if its worth joining for their insurance. They cover bikes up to £15000.And they give you third party cover. Brian B.
  2. Don't forget the plated weights are the maximum allowed weights, not the weights you maybe driving at. Brian B.
  3. Me again, perhaps I should have mentioned our age, I am 83 and my wife 81. It's been 6 years not 5. And no increase in premium when renewed in March after my accident in February 2022. Brian B.
  4. Well, their insurance company certainly paid out on me after a serious skiing accident in Andorra. Medical costs for me in Andorra , private Lear Jet home, with two Doctors that stayed with me to my room in the Q E Hospital B/Ham. Separate flight home and expenses for my wife. Total cost about £26,000 pounds. We have been with them 5 years, started paying £375 now pay £395. Brian B.
  5. Another recommendation for NFOP. Their insurance company spent a lot of money rescuing me after a serious skiing accident in Andorra 2 years ago. To qualify you or your partner have to have an occupational pension. The insurance company they are using at the moment CSiS. Brian B.
  6. I think another thing to watch is your age. Some insurance companies will not insure you above a certain age. With other companies, once you are accepted will still cover you as long as the DVLA will renew your licence . Worth checking when you renew. Brian B.
  7. Another recommendation for Dave Newell. He does a good job at a sensible price . I think you will have to leave the van with him though. Brian B.
  8. I presume it is R/H drive, if so get your passenger to open their window and listen outside, should be able to tell if the noise is from the suspension or bodywork. Brian B.
  9. My recommendation would be " Ever Build Stixall " Brian B.
  10. If installing it , keep it as low as possible because of its weight. Brian B
  11. Probably different now, but when our pre airbag horn failed it was the spring contacts below the steering wheel. Remove the steering wheel, bend the contacts up to make better contact with the rings on the underside of the steering wheel. probably different now with an airbag ? Brian B.
  12. Yes is it paint or GRP ? Brian B.
  13. I tried magnetic strips, did not work on my Gaslow bottles. Interesting to know if they worked for anybody else. Brian B. Sorry wrong place.
  14. I repaired one of ours without removing anything. It had broken away from the shower base. I used "Ever Build Stixall". I spread the Stixall allround the broken top of the trap and shower base hole, then using wires pulled the trap into place, fixed it there temporary to allow the Stixall to set, cleaned off any excess, no trouble since. BrianB.
  15. I would say if there is more than one light and they stopped working at the same time it will not be the lamps. Fuse maybe, or if only one switch, the switch itself. Brian B.