Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

747's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. If you just remove the spade connector and refit it a few times, it is enough to fix the fault. It just improves the connection. Works every time.
  2. What year is your vehicle? Before 2007 it was not that rare for the incorrect mirrors to be fitted in the Sevel Factory. My first van, an Elddis on a Peugeot, had the wrong UK nearside mirror arms fitted. It was actually a Drivers mirror for a LHD vehicle. I had to take the van back to the Garage that did the original vehicle PDI checks and get them to sort it out (a round trip of nearly 200 miles) A later van of mine, a Burstner 747, had the wrong mirror arms on the UK drivers side. I could adjust the mirror enough to get a reasonable view so I just left it at that. You might be surprised at how many mirror arm variants there are available. 8-)
  3. This would seem a similar and reasonable scenario when two vehicles are involved. as the ‘good’ vehicle's alternator is in effect being used to charge the duff battery. From past experience (admittedly with cars) it would only take about 15 minutes to put enough juice into the duff battery to allow the good vehicle to be disconnected and for the now partially charged battery to start its own vehicle. But this poses two questions. Would connecting the good vehicle’s alternator to a duff battery pull so much current as to destroy that battery? And the original question once the problematic vehicle is started will its own alternator destroy the battery? You really have posed an interesting question HymerVan. :-D One for the experts, me thinks! Cattwg :-D You can now add something else into the mix. New alternators are classed as 'smart' and use new technology. I wonder how they perform in the case of a flat battery.
  4. As far as I understand the procedure to jump start a vehicle with a flat battery, the 'donor' needs to connect the batteries with his engine running and to leave it like that for 10 minutes or so to put a little charge into the flat battery before attempting to start the engine of the problem vehicle.
  5. Agree with Robbo. Remove each wire and refit again. I am presuming that the thermocouple for each burner is sitting in the flame when lit.