Way2Go

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Way2Go's Achievements

Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Wouldn't have a clue I'm afraid, never heard of a Becker. Most of us go for TomTom or Garmin because they are 'mainstream' and you can customise them very easily. You can also get a lot of help on here. Your best bet is to do a search on the internet or email/phone them. Sorry. W2G
  2. Thanks for the 'proper' translation and update Tony - makes a lotta sense. W2G
  3. Hi Tony, Th text file with was included in the downloaded zip file reveals the following (once translated) :- ASV.ov2 - Areas of Verified Services APV.ov2 - Areas of Verified parking Lot (or stationnement) AAV.ov2 - Areas on Verified Expressways ACV.ov2 - Areas on Verified Camping The ASNV, APNV, AANV and ACNV are the same as above but not verified. Translating the following was 'interesting' :- ‘Aires.ov2 ' - do not use in method of navigation. This file serves to facilitate the research of an area nearby, whatever the area type. Hope this helps W2G
  4. Hi Sylvia,With the latest version of the software make sure you only have a .BMP and .OV2 file for each POI otherwise you will get garbage on the display. So, yes, you were right :-)
  5. Hi John, I've just got back from the NEC and have been going though my emails. I'm not sure I understand your question. I have a TomTom and am not familar with others systems although they all work on a similar principle. It would appear that you can add additional POIs to your Garmin through some additional software called POI loader http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/. The link takes you to all sorts of interesting articles. It would appear that you can download any POIs you want as long as they are in a .GPX or .CSV format and you'll need to install the software from the link above to allow you to transfer the POIs to your GPS. If you go to somewhere like www.poihandler.com for example, you can pick which format you want to download the files in. The choice will vary from wes site to web site so look for Garmin, Garmin .GPX or Garmin .CSV format. I hope that answers your query. W2G
  6. OK, not sure I understood all of that but we'll have a go. To check location using coordinates you could try Browse Map > Find > Latitute/Longitude then type N 48o06'59 [enter] followed by E 05o09'04 [enter]. That should show you the map below. To navigate to a Latitude/Longitude use Navigate to > Latitute/Longitude then type N 48o06'59 [enter] followed by E 05o09'04 [enter] as before. You could also check the location using Google Maps. Just type in 48 06 59 N 05 09 04 E then click [search maps]. Regarding the €7 thing, it sounds as though they have a web site where you can download coordinates from. Sounds like a pretty good investment if all you have to then do is Navigate to > Point of Interest > Les Aires (or whatever the POI set is called) then pick one.
  7. OK, I've just knocked up a 'how to' for downloading POIs and linking a warning to it. The downloadable file is here http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7664 Please let me know if you need any more clarification. W2G
  8. As far as I'm aware there are only low bridge warnings available for the UK? I'm a tad late for work at the moment but will try to put something together tonight for you.
  9. Hi, Sorry for the delay but we've just got back from a long weekend away. I hope the voices will be OK for you. Brian, you can't beat a good navigator when they know where you're going but in foreign place, on unfamiliar roads, it's nice to have an 'expert' sat on the dash ;-) W2G
  10. It works with all TomTom devices. The POIs are installed in the map folder on your SD card.The map name will vary depending on your installed map.Read the instructions carefully and it should become clear.I hope this helps.W2G
  11. If I understand your question Pat, you should be able to just click on the hyperlink in the email and it should launch your browser and take you to that particular page.You should also be able to copy and paste the hyperlink into the address line of your browser.Get back to me and let me know how you get on.
  12. That site appears to be 'search results' Roy. I can't find any of the links that you talked about
  13. Great, thanks Roy (I've replied to your PM by the way). To get a 'clickable' link you'll need the full web site address as opposed to typing it. You can either type www.thisisatest.com or go to the web site address line and copy and paste the link into your message here. BTW, to make the link really stand out it would be nice to have it in bold so it jumps off the page (ie www.thisisatest.com). All you need to do with that is type in the web site address then shade it followed by selecting the (B)old button above. So, the web site you want us to go to should be www.campingcars-infos.com . . . . . hmmmm even with a popup stopper there's a nice picture of a scantily-clad young woman that also pops up. I'll try out the rest of it later . . . .bit busy with the popup at the moment ;-) ;-)
  14. Hi Roy, can you tell us which web site you are referring to (or better still send us a link) as www.CCinfos.com is a blank web site apart from the message 'This web site is currently under construction'. W2G
  15. As a software guy we always blame hardware :-) :-) I'm glad it was useful to you ;-)