So where do I go for Ultraseal?

Vernon B

Following recent debates here and the information I've referred to earlier about the tyre pressure/axle load chart on the tyresafe website I'm keen to lose some rear end kgs by dispencing with the spare wheel.

As part of that plan I'd like to get the tyres filled with "Ultraseal" but have drawn a blank on finding a local installer. It seems this is an American product (apparently also going under the name of Punctureseal) sold through small franchisees - many of whom don't appear to be around very long.

Previous posts refer to having the job done at shows but does anyone know of a supplier near to Telford or in the West Midlands. It is also sold as a DIY product so has anyone done that successfully?

PS - I've read the pros and cons about this stuff so don't wish to open that can of worms again.

V

Vernon,

It was an easy DIY job in my motorcycle tyres, I do not see any reason why it would be any more difficult in a motorhomes other than you would need to jack each wheel off the ground in turn to do it sensibly. Easy with the bike as the rear is off the ground when it is on the centre stand and the front is off the ground when your partner puts some weight on the pillion seat, LoL!

Bas

WWW.swiftlysorted.co.uk

are based in Nantwich and travelled to me, near Shrewsbury, to 'do' four tyres for £68 a few weeks back.

Their numbers are 01270 624 393 or 07850 518 372

If you want to do the job yourself I think they will supply the Ultraseal gloop for you.

Archived