Suitable cable for Sat. Dish

hallii

I have one of the Lidl Satellite kits and it works well, almost as good as my 1mtr dish and Technomate etc.

However, I find the cable supplied to be to stiff for putting in and out o the box.

Also the "F" connectors are screw on and are a bit of a pain.

My question is is there a suitable flexible cable that can be fitted with push on connectors?

I don't mind soldering and to some extent the loss is not important, my cable run is about 3 mtrs!

Thanks Geoff

I've just bought the equivalent Aldi kit.

I found the cable and screw on connectors a bit of a pain so bought some F plug/socket to Co-ax adapters at Maplins (£1.99 each) so that I could take advantage of the co-ax socket on the side of the van.

Worked OK the first time I tried but not since. Not sure why yet - maybe one of the internal co-ax connections has become a bit loose.

Probably like most electrical circuits, the fewer plugs/sockets the better.

Graham

hallii - 2008-05-25 11:06 PM

Also the "F" connectors are screw on and are a bit of a pain.

My question is is there a suitable flexible cable that can be fitted with push on connectors?

Thanks Geoff

We bought some pushon connectrs that just screw on to existing "F" connectors from www.satcure.com. They are very cheap and I bought a pck of 20 for £10. The code number is FPQ20 for the 20 but you can buy them individually. Their telephone number is 01952 274514

Please note, be very careful if using push on connectors

Normaly these are not suitable for satellite frequencies, although sat sure say theirs are.

Any outside conection needs to be watertight, a satellite reciever and LNB can be wreacked by water getting in cable.

My suggestion would be to leave cable permenantly attached to LNB with F connector which is sealed by boot or self amalgamating tape, then have push on in a sheltered place, but making sure water cannot run down outside of cable to joint and then getting in.

i have my freeveiw tv connection in the battery box,well out of the way of any water.i have a omni ariel on top of the van plus an external for weak signels,the brackets for this is near to the battery box so i can either see the tv throu the window or reach throu and turn it from inside for best reception

Archived