Peugeot Boxer anti-freeze

Guest Colin Weston

Guest Colin Weston
My Peugeot Boxer is now due for a change of anti-freeze having been filled with long-life (5 year anti-freeze). Upon enquiring at my nearest dealer they said they don't stock Procor 3000 or Revkogel 107 which are those listed in my service manual. They stock Tecnic but were unable to answer the question whether it was a 2-year or 5-year product. From the description on the container I suspect that it was not long-life. 'We use this for all the vehicles' was the response. Being a cynic one might think that they prefer to change their customers anti-freeze on a more regular basis as it helps fill their coffers. Has anyone had any luck sourcing the recommended anti-freeze? It would appear that Halfords 5-year anti-freeze meets many manufacturers specifications although not specifically Peugeot. Anyone any experience of the halfords product?

Guest Derek Uzzell
Worth GOOGLE-ing on "procor" and "revkogel" as some relevant stuff comes up. Seems like it may be difficult to get either make of anti-freeze in the UK.

Guest Colin Weston
Hi Derek, Yes I started initially with Google but it seemed to confirm that the recommended products are hard to come by. Maybe no-one else even bothers to looks at the Peugeot manual and just buys whatever is on the shelf at their local stockist.

Guest Brian Kirby
Don't know if this'll help, but as it seems you may now be aou of warranty, and as they all come from the same factory and several of the engines are common to the other makes, have you tried Fiat, or even Citroen, dealers for their products? Fiat spares are, in some cases, a bit cheaper so you may benifit on that front as well. Good luck Brian

Archived