Outside Carpet

Mike The Red

Hi,

We have the usual roll out awning on our van and enjoy nothing more than an evening with a good bottle of red watching the sun go down or better still watching caravaners or tenters setting up!!

Unfortunately we often find the area under the awning is very muddy especially in the autumn/winter and I am looking for an external awning carpet/mat to put down whilst we stay.

Any recomendations?

cheers

Mike

We find the breathable type ground sheet which does not harm the grass but keeps the area a lot cleaner and pleasanter to sit out on, and of course you can get in the color to match your Motorhome (very important), its easy to brush over or give a quick wipe to keep it tidy. Carol.

I havn't used it yet but I have bought a roll of that clear plastic that you can use as a runner in a hall to keep carpets clean. My intention is to cut it into strips of a size to make up a neat square. Whether it will work is a different matter, I guess.

Mike The Red - 2008-05-27 1:03 PM

Hi,

We have the usual roll out awning on our van and enjoy nothing more than an evening with a good bottle of red watching the sun go down or better still watching caravaners or tenters setting up!!

Unfortunately we often find the area under the awning is very muddy especially in the autumn/winter and I am looking for an external awning carpet/mat to put down whilst we stay.

Any recomendations?

cheers

Mike

Hi

We bought one from the Peterborough show which is very lightweight and 'breathes' apparently. It is woven tiny nylon tubes and comes in various sizes, is waterproof, dirtproof (Wash off with a hose) and doesn't damage the ground/grass. Ours was £20 for 4m x 2 m in blue or green but you can get larger ones if you prefer. Can't fault it so far and it gives us chance to clean of shoes and dog before getting into the van. Wish I'd bought one earlier

Mike

Archived