Caravan Club Ferry Booking

Clyde

Is it just me or is it always more expensive booking ferries for motorhomes through the Caravan Club Web Site compared to going direct through the ferry opperators own website ?

I just booked one today with P&O for Aug Bank Holiday weekend Dover Calais and paid £10 less by going direct.

I sent The Club an email and will post their reply here when I get it.

This has generally always been so in my experience and is why I always check but normally end up trying elsewhere.

One thing some may not realise is that once you have entered you information on the CC site and had your options returned, if there is a button marked something like 'More Options' sometimes this comes back with cheaper options than you were origionally offered and on one occasion about five years ago it was the cheapest crossing I could get bar none. It does smack of the trend in UK of making a first offer and then when you don't accept it offer a cheaper one as has been discussed in other threads.

Bas

HI, derek500

I Noticed that you live in Spain, was your booking France - UK - France as I wonder if it was, whether this makes any difference

derek500 - 2008-05-28 9:53 AM

We booked 'online' through the Caravan Club and our NorfolkLines return was £58 compared to £68 direct with Norfolklines

Hi

I would usually agree but this year I booked Eurotunnel through CC and it was £46 cheaper than going direct. £105 return 6pm11th/9am29th June with a 7m van. Checked a number of crossings and this worked out cheapest way of booking.

I alwyas compare first though as some bookings are far more expensive with CC

Mike

braunston - 2008-05-28 11:33 AM

HI, derek500

I Noticed that you live in Spain, was your booking France - UK - France as I wonder if it was, whether this makes any difference

Yes it was Dunkerque - Dover - Dunkerque. I think it's often cheaper going the wrong way!!

Archived