Ducato/Boxer transmission vibration

CliveH

This problem is coverred in the latest edition of the Caravan Club Magazine - June edition page 83.

Seems like there is a design fault and whilst these vehicle have a reverse gear - best not to use it reversing up an incline!!

Peugeot in particular comes in for a good bashing in that it has "apparently re-written its warrenty to exclude mechanical vibration" 8-)

Hmmmmmmmmmm! - that will make them popular.

I have posed as a prospective customer at several dealers and asked about the Sevel group reverse problem. All of them have denied any knowledge of the problem. One did say that they heard of the water problem but it was now sorted. Talk about heads in the sand or are they lying through their teeth ??? . It is a case of MIND OVER MATTER, they dont mind, and we dont matter !!!!!

At Last !!!! all of the Motorcaravan Press, including Testers have been so carried away with the 'New' Sevel chassis, Isn't it Fine,Isn't it Grand, Isn't it the Finest in the Land (possibly because the last one was Bad and never lost some of it's worst 'Faults' Draughty cabs, Dodgy unlubricated 5th Gear) that they forgot to do the Basics. Can it drive safely in foward and reverse ? Foward definately but NOT in reverse , Having to Rev it to over 1300 rpm to get it go backwards uphill is NOT safe. The fact that it will also Burn out the Clutch and Flywheel assy. and shake the gearbox to bits. Means to me that the Design is CRAP !

Unable to delete Mis-Spelling ?? very odd.

It's like the

Emperors New Clothes !!! ourers upupuphill mp charaicht t :D

mike 202 - 2008-05-28 11:59 AM

I have posed as a prospective customer at several dealers and asked about the Sevel group reverse problem. All of them have denied any knowledge of the problem. One did say that they heard of the water problem but it was now sorted. Talk about heads in the sand or are they lying through their teeth ??? . It is a case of MIND OVER MATTER, they dont mind, and we dont matter !!!!!

Yep they are lying throu their teeth, or are absolutly ignorant of the product they sell, take your pick.

By the way I am a prospective customer and have asked most of the dealers/salesmen/convertors that have been at Birmingham and Peterborough this year about this and on recieving their reply told them what the problem was and why I would be defering buying till problem is resolved

Archived