Craig Tara Site: AYR

horse444

>:-) Warning, this is not a touring holiday site, in our opinion an overnight stop. After my husbands recent heart attack at Easter (whilst on holiday with G.children) we decided to have two days away, his first time driving M.Home since his attack, as it was the bank holiday I preferred to book, we like something by the sea, as we live in a lovely spot in the country with views to die for over Tinto Hills. After a lot of phoning and nothing avail. 'Haven' offered us Craig Tara at £79.2 for two nights, I asked for spot nearest facilities as one party was disabled, all this noted, we arrived turned into site, view breathtaking over sea, security turned us right and told us to park anywhere, it was nothing better than a 'carpark' with tiolet facilities and nothing else, except main road and go-cart track zooming round. All facilites were down in park via very steep hill, after DRIVING down hill we meet with the manager who agreed, even the able bodied would have difficulty in managing the hill, he offered refund and we were left to try and find another site on a bery busy bank holiday.We had only travelled a short distance of say an hour, but I would not like any-one to come from further afield to this site, Haven should advertise as Static park with overnight stop. ;-)

Archived