Guide to using Aires in France

Hopesy

Being on the mailing list for Vicarious Books, today i recieved an e-mail advertising their new guide to Aires. With the email was a good guide on how to use different to different types of service points you can find on various Aires. Being new to this lark and planning a three week break in September using Aires for some stops I found that the guide allayed my fears. I just thought that some people may be in the same boat as me and will find the guide very useful and will prevent some red faces (mine) later in the year.

Don Madge - 2008-05-30 1:06 PM

maggyd - 2008-05-30 12:57 PM

Yes we have just had the same, I hope these information pages are in the book??

That information and more forms part of the introduction to the guide.

Don

Thanks Don. :-D

My guide would be:

1. Turn up and weigh up whether you feel OK staying there. If not move to the next town and do the same.

2. Park up and where available hook up. Get the kettle on!

3. Find out where to pay and how much. Ask another vanner or look for the signs.

Check out the "bourne" if there is one and how much etc. If you are unsure how to use it just watch another van and see what they do.

4. Sleep the night away!

5. Wake up have breakfast, read your map to see where you are going next, programme the TomTom and if its early, quietly move on to your next destination. On arrival repeat 1-5 above!

They are great places to meet other vanners from all over Europe and are generally safe. Don't sneak off without paying and don't abuse the facilities or the towns' hospitality, which I'm sure no one from the forum would do! :-D

Archived