Weighbridge Help

caggsie

Having read in most of the motorhome magazines regarding getting your outfit weighed to be legal, I contacted today, my local council regarding a weighbridge. They don't know of any in the area(Wrexham, N Wales). Then contacted VOSA they only think the closest may be Deeside. Anyone out there know of any others in the locality?

We seem to be adding bits by the week(new user) and I'm getting concerned about beind overweight! We will soon be doing a 2 wk stint, up to now a 3 day stint, and him indoors just keeps adding it to the garage. I have a Dethleffs Fortero(lurrvly van).

Hi Dave, i can't help you with location, other than to say that there should be a few haulage firms in your area who would point you in the rite direction.

I had my auto-sleeper lancashire( same as nueavo) weighed last week.

as i had a few extras fitted nfrom new.

the results are quite surprising (pleasently)

WEIGHT

OVERALL WEIGHT: 3080 KG

FRONT AXEL: 1340 KG

REAR AXEL: 1660 KG

the slight iregularty is probably due to the slope on the weighbridge, but near enough, after letting michelin know the details and tyre sizes i have been able to reduce the tyre pressures by approximatly 20 psi.

hopefully we will now have a better ride.

pete

Scrap Metal Merchants (not car scrap yards) normally have a weighbridge. Another thought have a ride round Wrexham Ind Estate feel sure someone should have one on there.

Another possible option, a bit further away, and not always open. The "ministry wheel tappers" area at the end of the M56, coming from your side just before the island

Also, if you're still looking, try builder's merchants.  Those which sell bulk sand, ballast, aggregates, gravels, or other materials that are usually sold by bulk weight have weighbridges, and will allow public access for a fairly nominal charge - with a printed ticket as proof, should it be required.

Archived