camping and caravan club sites

sunbeam

Just tried to book Oban walled garden site for one night and was told i could only book for at least two in peak season , is the caravan club the same . Iam sorry now i just have renewed my membership no wonder so many peoplewild camp >:-(

Hi Colin it was for Sat 28 june and i have used this site before and liked it so i was going to stop for one night before catching the Oban ferry to Castle bay on Barra.They said if i called in on the day and they had space it would be ok but what do you join a club for and there must be lots of Motorhome owners need one night stops P/s is there any other good sites around Oban Yours Edgar

Thanks Bazza It will be caravan club for me from now on as i do need one nighters as her indoors liks the security except on the islands where for some reason its ok to wild camp as there are very few sites Yours Edgar

We went Oban to Castlebay about 3 weeks ago. We stayed well south of Oban and reached Oban in plenty of time to do that last minute shopping, top up with fuel (it's now 140p per litre on the Islands) and catch the afternnon sailing.

Arriving in Castlebay late in the evening, we turned left off the ferry and went straight ahead for about half a mile and parked in the car park opposite the school with the recycling bins at one end. No private houses anywhere here, so no-one to disturb. You do need to minimise the space you take if you don't plan to leave before school bus and car arrival time (starts at about 08:15 during term time).

Barra is the most beautiful of the Western Isles, so spend time there. The best camping is by the airport (the beach is the runway).

Mel E

====

Archived